Portage: Descent into Darkness

A WoD RPG based on Vampire the Masquerade V20

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Wednesday, September 24th, 2014. An abnormally cool evening at 10c, the sky is overcast and there is a dampness on the light breeze.

Share | 

The Dark Night Dawns

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: The Dark Night Dawns   Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:55 pm

The sun sets and as the shadows creep across your room, there is a soft rustle in the room, a sense that there is something there and yet not, alone, not alone and for a moment, it is as if you can smell Kiki's perfume in the room. Memories, a dream, someone calling you in the darkness, a path, a silver path leading you somewhere and yet you were loathe to follow it this time, something is coming and you are both unsure and a sensation of desire, need, you need to know, know... and yet as you wake, you are unsure save that the heavy air seems to be the precursor to something brewing, something coming, and somehow, you are not filled with dread this time.

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://intotheshadows.forumotion.eu
Zeek

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Night Dawns   Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:48 pm

A sudden noise, the twitch of a rustle and the panic it sent through him momentarily. It was just that a brief occupancy in time as he fluttered back over the decade having not truly experienced fear since his mortal days. Dread loomed in the horizon and it beckoned him forth from the depths of his cocoon.

Staring up at the ceiling he moved the covers rested calming taking slow, unnecessary breaths. And using his gifts in auspex to listen more closely. He would welcome the danger, welcome the events to come if only to prove how pathetic the rest of their existence was, the despicable festering carcasses that dare call themselves the night's masters, they were not long for this world. Not if he could help it.

Spoiler:

Slipping free of his bed he went about his early routine of sending off business e-mails while keeping up with his market projections for the coming fiscal quarter. Using his abilities to keep ahead of the curve was easy, and as time went on it too became monotonous.

Were it not for the comforts of safety and need for conformity he would eschew the lot for a life of Darwinian proportions. More action, less sniveling and grovelling to those that would be in charge. Then again, his lessons with Isabella had proven why those that commanded were rightfully placed.

Oh but how they bored him... except the mirrors.

Torrential storm clouds infuse themselves within the blue-gray eyes of this lovely young man. Peering out from beneath tousled strands of alabaster-gold hair with an expression of sheer boredom. It seemed as though nothing held much interest for this male of small stature. Standing only 4'4", his lithe form was always ready to spring into action, moving with feline grace wherever that may be, clad in his off brand designer clothes for whatever purposes he might have.

Quote: "Cross /krôs/, noun: a thing they nail people to."
Theme: Burn It Down - Linkin Park
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Night Dawns   Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:52 pm

There are servants in the hallway working, and your room tonight is empty, empty save that fading scent, already now almost too faint to catch. Order of business, in truth everything is going well, so much so that you really just have to keep your fingers in, keep them going and keep an eye, at some point maybe find that niche to drive you on more, but until then, there was wealth enough to live and being a detective, well that was more then fun enough at times, enough to remind you to be alive, alive and whole.

It isn't long from waking that your cellphone begins to buzz, on vibrate, but someone is calling.

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
Zeek

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Night Dawns   Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:57 pm

Filling his lung repeatedly he traced the room and the scent trying to remember, trying to recall. But then it only reminded him of her and how she had long since disappeared twice. Xavier felt that he should have kept an eye out for her, found her when she was recaptured. But she made it on her own, she was strong enough to warrant attention and now she tormented him with these idle thoughts and buzzing memories....

Buzzing... buzzing... A shake of his head cleared the last remnants of that scent. Stepping lightly over to the phone he took a quick moment to check the ID before sliding his finger across the screen and answering the call, as well as checking the time. "Hell - o." He said in his indifferent cynical tone.

Torrential storm clouds infuse themselves within the blue-gray eyes of this lovely young man. Peering out from beneath tousled strands of alabaster-gold hair with an expression of sheer boredom. It seemed as though nothing held much interest for this male of small stature. Standing only 4'4", his lithe form was always ready to spring into action, moving with feline grace wherever that may be, clad in his off brand designer clothes for whatever purposes he might have.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Night Dawns   Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:13 am

Detective De Costa, Constible Rodrigue here, might I have a moment of your time? Work, work related, and a call, something they needed you for, keep you busy, on your toes, good, maybe it would be bloody, nasty... that would be nice.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Zeek

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Night Dawns   Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:59 am

"Constible, what has you calling me at such an hour. Something out of the ordinary I hope?" A polite chuckle escaped his lips bordering on sinister with his smile twisting across his delicate features. "How may i be of assistance to the fine protectors of the city, it isn't another donation you need is it?" Xavier was honest in hoping that it was something far more interesting than monetary issues.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Night Dawns   Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:32 am

Ah... He clears his throat, a half chuckle and it is more then a tiny bit amusing to know that for so slight a man, you disturb the officers, even as they respect you. We have a situation, or well a case and it looks like perhaps it is something bigger then we originally thought. Would you be able to come down to the station, take a look?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Zeek

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Night Dawns   Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:42 am

"I see, certainly. The same going rate applies but again that is only if I take the case." A soft pause and some muffled moments later Xavier was balancing his phone and buttoning up a purple dress shirt with a crisp black jacket and silver tie. "Can you give me a brief rundown of what the case involves?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Night Dawns   Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:52 pm

I can only give you the basics on the phone, there has been a few murders recently that we did not think were connected, but one of our juniors noticed a similar mark on the bodies, which then tied into a spate of several assaults as well. We have called in our psych assessment too, but its very, odd Detective De Costa. He is a bit hesitant to say more, but then if it is something that they missed and a junior caught, there would be embarrassment as well.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Zeek

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Night Dawns   Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:06 pm

"Mark... interesting. Say no more. I'm certain you are keeping this valuable information from everyone not on the case. Understandable should anyone come forward with information on this... item then we would know somehow they would be involved. Unfortunately I have been a bit complacent in checking the news, so I'll need the files of the recent murders. And anyone/thing else that turns up. I will be in within the hour, I would not wish to keep such hard working men from their families."

With that Xavier was through the courtyard and on his motor-scooter, an odd site on an even odder one. Young man dressed in a suit with his badge strapped to his waist and guns beneath his jacket. Ending the conversation soon after he would immediately head down to the department.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Night Dawns   Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:53 pm

Spoiler:

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Night Dawns   

Back to top Go down

The Dark Night Dawns
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1