Portage: Descent into Darkness

A WoD RPG based on Vampire the Masquerade V20

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Wednesday, September 24th, 2014. An abnormally cool evening at 10c, the sky is overcast and there is a dampness on the light breeze.

Share | 

Rusty's Corner Grill

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Rusty's Corner Grill   Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:00 pm

Jarl gives you a bit of a smile as you pull up, it is a low class bar, rough area, but then the Northern Suburbs are a rougher area. Some broken windows in near by buildings, the humidity is choking even for those that do not need to breathe and out front, there are some dodgy people out front but he doesn't look worried. If she is grouchy, ignore it, I swear she is permanently fifteen.

With that you enter the bar and grill, and after walking through the dingy area, and most likely not that sanitary, he leads to a back table where a familiar Gangrel is curled up, chin on her knees, talking with two other sketchy looking characters.

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://intotheshadows.forumotion.eu
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:08 pm

If Cheryl ever again decided to deliver baked goods to the police station, she now had some context that would keep her from feeling awkward about it. Walking around with a plate of brownies like some '50s housewife in the seedier side of town was far more uncomfortable.

She nodded at Jarl's piece of advice and followed him inside, staying close to him and stopping a respectful distance away from the conversing group. Her attention to the finer nuances involved in not pissing off people that she didn't know was very focused at the moment. Maybe the smell of chocolate cheesecake would get Waif's attention. Or maybe Jarl would.

She stands at 5'7" with brown hair and eyes, nice curves and good poise, but those are about her only features that don't get altered based on circumstance. Find her on a job and you'll see that she knows how to dress herself up and put on a bright smile. On her own time she's likely to be more casual, if quiet and somewhat guarded, leaving off the makeup and wearing combinations of jeans and tees or tank tops for the most part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:41 pm

Jarl gives you a small smile, he seems far more at ease then one might think, but then maybe this is the sort of thing he is use to as well, Gangrels are not known to be high class, even if he is wealthy, it is off of corner stores. Waifers... Her head snaps up at he steps forward and slides into the booth, looking at the two guys who give Waif a nod and both slip off, all wordless communication, leaving space for you. Some munchies jah, how goes the wrecking crew?

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:48 pm

Cheryl waited for the two guys to walk off before moving forward and setting the plate of brownies down on the table. "Hey. I head you weren't feeling too great and like brownies, so...they're cheesecake marble." She gestured at the saran-covered dessert, indicating that they were for the petite Gangrel, before quietly slipping into the seat next to Jarl.

She stands at 5'7" with brown hair and eyes, nice curves and good poise, but those are about her only features that don't get altered based on circumstance. Find her on a job and you'll see that she knows how to dress herself up and put on a bright smile. On her own time she's likely to be more casual, if quiet and somewhat guarded, leaving off the makeup and wearing combinations of jeans and tees or tank tops for the most part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:51 pm

Her wide eyes and bit of a look that was saying 'why are you here' fades a bit as she looks at the brownies, her tongue darting over her lips then looking at the both of you curiously. Oh ah... cool, thanks. Awkward, a little awkward, but then you were a trio of gangrels, chit chat was not any of your strong points. She does though slide the tray closer, opening the corner of the wrap and slips out a piece, still watching you as she bites it and starts eating, then finishing the piece while Jarl just lets her without saying anything. It is a bit odd to watch her eat it, no struggle to swallow and a clear look of delight on her face, Jarl had said she was addicted to the stuff.

One piece down, she slips another out but then looks back at you both. So... ah, ok I am not insane, have you guys been having any odd dreams at all recently?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:04 pm

In a way, the silent agreement that none of them had much to say was more comfortable than making small talk. Cheryl relaxed very slightly, easing back in her seat and letting Waif sample the baked goods. She didn't hesitate to eat a whole piece and go straight for another with obvious joy, which was as good a compliment as any.

"Odd dreams?" Cheryl blinked, tilting her head curiously but otherwise giving no sign of surprise. "I think my dreams have been some of the least odd things that have happened this week. What have you been dreaming about?" Straight to the point, no doubt or dubiousness. She gave up jumping at the nonsensical aspects of their existence a long time ago and tried to roll with the flow as it came now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:07 pm

What, who... I don't know, I gots this idea that its going to spread, you know, that sinking feeling of doom and all that shit. Another bite, second piece gone. Cept see last dream I got skewered, hard core style, almost healed all the way now, but fucking you know, as if someone went out and clawed me kinda damage. Mmm this is good shit. She reaches for another one and Jarl looks both amused and a bit concerned, his eyes narrowing a bit as he glances at you. Aggravated damage, from a dream, hell any damage from a dream, but something like fire or sun or gangrel's nasty little weapon?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:28 pm

"Glad you like them, and I'm glad you're doing better." Cheryl smiled. Jarl's dreams had been better lately rather than worse; he'd had a peaceful day's sleep when he expected to have nightmares. If that wasn't coincidence and somehow counted toward this doom, then was that negative energy getting redirected elsewhere? Like toward Waif?

"Could you make any sense of why it happened? I mean, being physically hurt...that has to be connected to something outside yourself. It's not just a vivid imagination anymore, unless..." She hesitated and sat back out of claw's reach, holding up her hands innocuously. "Now, I'm just asking to cover a possibility, but was the wound somewhere that you could easily reach yourself? Maybe...maybe you acted out your dream without meaning to? It would be good news if you think about it, in that it means there isn't someone else out there who's after you."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:37 pm

Her lips twitch as you ask this, nose wrinkling and a bit of a concerned look even as Jarl looks at you in surprise. No... no I got gutted shoulder-blade to around the ribs, and I was with Vince, and he don't have that, it was broader too, then ours, and the creature in the dream, fucking Zeek, he could have untied me I think, but then I don't think the little idiot realized it was all so real, heck I didn't even til I woke up blooded and screaming, poor Vince, but shit, didn't think about that either, a being could control your mind enough to do that, I just, I don't think so, the cuts way too broad for my hands. She isn't upset, Jarl is a bit concerned but nodding, and there goes another brownie, had she been alive, Waif would be on a brutal sugar high.

I think Tristan had a dream too, but the big oaf aint talking, and the Mirror-nuts are being extra twitchy, so no creepy stuff for you two then? Jarl gives a small shrug, another glance at you, yeah social situations and the boy were not a pair, but it was a bit cute that he kept deferring to you.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:09 pm

Cheryl nodded, her brows furrowed in thought. "Well, there's all sorts of weird stuff going on lately, but nothing like that." Just glowing dogs and purple-eyed feral women. "Not sure why you'd think we'd think you're crazy for that, though. I mean, you got a souvenir out of it to show that something is seriously wrong. Who's Zeek?" A couple redirections in the line of questioning, something that she tried to take out of Nosh's book. Cheryl wasn't sure if Jarl wanted anyone else in on their own creepy discoveries as of late. She relaxed her expression and gave him a small smile when she noticed his concern about the situation.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:13 am

Oh shit. She looks a bit wide eyed for a moment and obviously has said something a bit too much or the like. Well, you know, wierd shit going down, I just got this feel that things are stiring and stuff, did you know that the Hyrda was at Elysium? She was, or it, or... when? The other day, caught up with that new Ventru, Charlotte? Even mimicked her hair I hear, not that I want the attention of one of them... Two can play that game, on to a new topic it seems.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:25 am

Cheryl felt like there was some sort of connection in what they were talking about and...something. She couldn't think of what it was, like a word on the tip of her tongue, and it was bugging her. "Charlotte. She's decent enough...weird enough to try hanging out with us brutes and dogs instead of her high society, but relatively decent. Even put off going to the Goblin Prince when he called her over because she was talking to me. If she's got a Tsimize fan, though..." She shook her head, wondering what the odd Ventrue was playing at. A business mind getting in touch with the "lower" peons and the dangerous powerhouses all at once. Maybe there really was an insurrectionist amongst the group of newbies in the city.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:00 am

Odd shit is what it is, why would the Hydra come off the island, and twice... Jarl mutters more to himself then anything else as Waif starts in on either brownie four or five. So Cheryl, right, hows you liking the city, other then you know, me gettin skewered and other odd stuff about, things been cool for you?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:16 am

"There's rarely a dull moment, but yeah. Overall, things have been pretty good so far." She smiled, tilting her knee to the side and gently bumping Jarl's. "I'm starting to like it, even with all the weirdness. Then again, I haven't been exploring much. The few zones I tend to stick to have been comfortably uneventful." She explored as much as she usually did elsewhere, but given how long she'd been in Portage, it felt like she should know the whole city by now. Maybe the routine she was getting into really was starting to dull her down, long nights at work with little time to do anything else. What would she do with more time if she had it?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:34 am

Jarl makes a small noise and looks down while Waif seems to not notice, instead tucks into another brownie, at this rate she will eat the whole thing. Sounds almost boring, I could use a lil boring, got the Crew out checking out some Anarch activity too. Jarl's little noise is a bit more choked as he glances away, Waif's gaze narrowing on him then giving you a bit of a curious look.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:43 am

After what they got up to at the start of the evening, he could still be startled by just a knee brushing against his. Jarl was adorable. Cheryl glanced at him when Waif did, taking in his reaction casually. Was he also thinking of the matter in the alleyway, or did it have to do with his fight the night before? Either way, his lack of subtlety made Waif curious.

"I noticed one around Mist a few days ago," Cheryl said lightly. "He didn't go in, but he looked like he had some destination in mind; a little apprehensive. What's been happening? After the ruckus with the Sabbat, I expected them to be the ones acting up, not Anarchs."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:49 am

Well when the shit starts to fly, they either like to get in on it or duck and cover, let us brawl it out and pick up the pieces. Near Mists eh, hmm... A twitch of her lips, this girl, fifteen had Jarl said? Well of course she was older, but she still looks that age, speaking like some grizzled veteran, yes, vampires were odd. I ah... saw a few the other night ja, just meeting and talking shit ja, but they had nothing to say about, you know, things happening. Jarl looks a bit sheepish but shifts his leg to press against yours, maybe taking a bit of courage from your contact for admitting that he had seen anarchs, and more, as you knew he had been limping, the reason for that limp perhaps.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:00 am

Cheryl glanced sideways at him, her expression curious but otherwise neutral, and she kept her leg comfortably against his. He was so different when they were alone and when they were around others. She imagined that the same went for her, and she just loved that her being with him made Jarl feel more confident where he was usually the timid pup. That part didn't seem to be all acting on his side.

She also wondered if that meeting with the Anarchs was what earned him his limp. Now she had something more solid to bring to the table when she asked him about it later. "I know what a couple look like, but that's all I know about them. You think they could do something to make Malks nervous? Like getting inside dreams?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:05 am

Anarchs, dream walking... no, fuck that's more something from necromancers or other mind bendy crap with people accessing other plains of existance, or whatever that nutty stuff is. Jarl presses his leg a bit closer and nods. The guys I saw were just talking shit about how someone was missing... maybe they are getting things hitting them too. Waif looks thoughtful a moment, her lips twitching then shrugs. Trissy and Vinny are on that line anyway, and if you repeat that I called them that, I will eat your tongue...

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:10 am

"I don't think it tastes like chocolate." Cheryl grinned, wanting to add that she could experiment and report the results. "But as long as you don't repeat that I called the Harpy the Goblin Prince..." That was not something she needed traced back to her, though she would be amused to no end to hear someone else use it.

"Seems a lot of people are missing lately. Did they say any names or something?" Unlike Waif, Jarl knew about her knowledge of Kiki. Maybe whatever he heard from the Anarchs was related.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:12 am

Nah, no names, just one of their guys was out the other night in the down town, he shouldn't have been, Anarchs know better then to be down in the heart of our stuff... and gah now I am so going to have to say Goblin Prince to the Crew, that is just too fucking good. Jarl groans and shakes his head, though is trying his hardest to not laugh. For all we know, the Hydra is collecting specimins for her collection or whatever it is she does on the island.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:20 am

"It's not my fault that he looks like David Bowie's younger brother." She leaned her elbows on the table and wove her her fingers together. "So this Hydra person has only come in from the island twice recently after...well, I'm guessing a long time? And right around when everyone starts getting jumpy." She stared through the surface of the table in thought. "And you guys know this town, and even you can't tell which of this crap came first and which is following. Has anything like this happened before?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:27 am

It is like it all happened at the same time... Waif sighs, and yet another brownie. I mean it is not like all of us get together and like list off odd things that happen, no one wants to admit they think they are going loopy eh? A chuckle at this as Jarl nods. So really, we have no idea what happened first without first knowing any little thing from all of us... and yeah the Hydra rarely leaves her island, I think she owns a boat or ferry or something like that.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:23 pm

'A boat,' Cheryl nearly said, but her mouth mercifully saw how unwise her brain was trying to be and stopped up the words. "Probably. A water plane or helicopter would be too noticeable, but a boat could be hidden in plain sight at the docks. Maybe she's just curious. For all the strange things that have happened, I've seen as many people asking questions without a clue. Maybe she doesn't know, either, but doesn't want whatever's happening in the city to spread to her island." Hydra was the guardian of the island, after all. If that was her main concern all these years, then maybe it still was now.

"Someone smart and powerful enough to cut out her own chunk of territory in a Camarilla city...probably wouldn't leave something like her mode of transportation to chance, though. She must have ghouls, right?" Then again, she had Kiki. That would have to be an amazing coincidence not to signify some form of meddling. Nosh didn't seem to think it was coincidence.

"Frankly, I can't believe you guys are concerned about sounding sane. I let that go when I realized that I was talking to animals and walking around without a heartbeat." She was getting to curious about the mysterious island and its owner again, and she hoped that Jarl wouldn't be too unhappy about that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:42 pm

Waif begins to snicker, like a girl hearing a naughty joke as she begins to nod. True true, sanity went out the window a long time ago, hit that one right on Cheryl. You might have hit it there Cher... that the Hydra wants to make sure it doesn't spread there, or fuck, what if it is coming from there, I mean, that place is fuc... odd ja? He was trying not to swear again, if it wasn't that your brain was running and now a million more questions, it might be even more cute. But then now you had something to go after, and also, talk to him about fights with several anarchs, he wasn't exactly a one man army, and well, he shouldn't be worrying you.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   

Back to top Go down

Rusty's Corner Grill
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next