Portage: Descent into Darkness

A WoD RPG based on Vampire the Masquerade V20

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Wednesday, September 24th, 2014. An abnormally cool evening at 10c, the sky is overcast and there is a dampness on the light breeze.

Share | 

Rusty's Corner Grill

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:49 pm

Cheryl frowned. "Has anyone tried asking the Malkavians at all? I get that they're being jumpy and rarely make sense when it matters, but they clearly know something about what's going on, even if they don't know that they know. I'd bet they have an idea of where it's coming from, too. Is there anyplace or anyone in particular that they seem to be avoiding? Maybe they've been keeping to one side of the city without wandering too far out of a safe zone."

She stands at 5'7" with brown hair and eyes, nice curves and good poise, but those are about her only features that don't get altered based on circumstance. Find her on a job and you'll see that she knows how to dress herself up and put on a bright smile. On her own time she's likely to be more casual, if quiet and somewhat guarded, leaving off the makeup and wearing combinations of jeans and tees or tank tops for the most part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:22 pm

Waif's brows rise a bit, Jarl clears his throat and they both look off then back at you. Ummm they are kinda... well, creepy...

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://intotheshadows.forumotion.eu
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:29 pm

"Yeah, but at least they're a brand of creepy that you know is on your side, right? They don't seem to want this city to burn anymore than we do, or they wouldn't be so antsy about the troubles. If you're running into dead ends everywhere else, then they're not that bad of an option. Hell, I talked to their Primogen about getting the Sheriff's contact info, and he was as helpful as could be...even if he is scary."

Cheryl visualized herself as the one kid in the group willing to waltz right up to the door of the frightening house on the corner when they accidentally threw their baseball over the fence. "If they're standoffish, then so be it. No need to threaten them or push too hard if they're unwilling, but it would be worth it to at least ask."

She stands at 5'7" with brown hair and eyes, nice curves and good poise, but those are about her only features that don't get altered based on circumstance. Find her on a job and you'll see that she knows how to dress herself up and put on a bright smile. On her own time she's likely to be more casual, if quiet and somewhat guarded, leaving off the makeup and wearing combinations of jeans and tees or tank tops for the most part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:52 pm

Waif fumbles with the brownies then sighs softly. Morgan is in the Crew cept we just, he just, does... his stuff right, I don't know that I talk to him much, he, he is scary, like Tick or Tock, they are creepy, chills, but Morgan is like that whole Dexter guy somehow I swear... I mean... and oh mah gawd, Gigi is, is through the roof, Butterfly is the tame one, but she is so etheral, I swear she reads minds and... Jarl begins to giggle as Waif is listing things off, shaking his head, a true giggle which results in Waif glaring at him while she munches the next brownie.

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:03 pm

"He's in the crew?" Cheryl blinked. A Primogen under the Sheriff's 'command.' What a weird dynamic. "Then he of all people is someone you should be talking to. Someone should be talking to him, anyway. He's there to help, and you're running around trying to gather evidence elsewhere when you don't even know who knows what. At least you know he knows something, even if he wants to toy around with telling you what it is. Dexter only killed the killers, not the people trying to catch them."

If she thought that it was a newbie's place to go around playing Sherlock when tensions were high, then Cheryl would consider questioning one of them herself. Morthnic's band of fierce fighters were too timid to do it, but it was a solid avenue to chase. She glanced at Jarl. "And you were looking for Tick and Tock at Court, so they can't be that bad. Where are they usually?" She'd have to apologize to Jarl later for pinning the spotlight on him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:12 pm

Waif looks sheepish, and very much like a fifteen year old being lectured while Jarl gapes like a fish then splutters then makes a small squeak. Ah, ah like, at, the asylum usually or just pop up and I just, and but oh. Yes, you had just pointed out to both of them how foolish they were being when there was a bigger picture and neither was swallowing it well, and you were pretty sure, if they were living, both would have red cheeks.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:17 pm

"Then maybe I'll go to Elysium. Even if they're not there, the Keeper would be, and you just said she's the most mild." Good lord, please let all this baiting goad them to action. She didn't want to go to Elysium, where the preps and drama queens and head honchos could be found. She didn't want to see this elite espionage task force beat around the bush and waste resources either, though. They were supposed to be the ones keeping the city safe, and Cheryl liked being safe.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:30 pm

Fidgiting, sighing, it was honestly hilarious to step back and look at it all. Finally Waif sighs and looks down, another brownie, her tongue darting over her lips at the crumbs. I'll call Morgan, but fuck, he is gonna wanna poke at me and the wounds and like grill my brain... Whining, she is whining at you as Jarl is half pouting as well, this really was funny, you are going to have to tease him so much later.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:39 pm

"If whatever he tells you will keep it from happening again or gives you a lead, then you'll be getting your money's worth." Here Cheryl was supposed to be the child, and instead she somehow became den mother. However age and experience changed Kindred over time, it seemed that growing up was still something they had to choose to do. That was comforting.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:50 pm

A pout as she starts in on the last brownie, yes last one, but it seems she is at least going to do as you said and realizes that it is the smart thing to do, more so with the odd things going on. Jarl moves his leg, a soft nudge on yours and still looks a bit sheepish too. Just keep us in the loop with this one ja Waifers, is not a normal thing, not just the Crew, its bigger, ja? She nods in agreement and sighs, pushing the brownie tray away sadly.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:58 pm

"You seriously love your chocolate," Cheryl mused, staring quizzically at the empty plate. "I'll have to remember to make more next time. Maybe chocolate pecan pie with a chocolate crust. That was always my favorite kind of pie..." She planted her chin on her fist and smiled at Jarl in amusement when he nudged her. From feeling young under his lessons about Elder Gangrel ways to making him feel young in turn, she'd say they had a balanced dynamic between them.

"Even without the sweets, I guess it's a good thing I came by," she jested.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:48 am

Chocolate pecan? Waif looks a bit puzzled but also a bit of a sheepish grin at the missing brownies. Yeah suppose so, good to have another in town you know, you liking it so far?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:01 am

"Yeah. Have you not had pecan pie before?" Cheryl looked mystified at how someone who loved sweets so much had never tried a chocolate recipe outside of brownies. "It's great, trust me. It's not like chocolate cream or chocolate mousse, which are sort of light and fluffy. It's more creamy and gooey with a nice contrasting texture from the nuts, and then you add in the chocolate and-" Cheryl cut off her rambling and her animated gesturing, quickly lowering her hands back to the table. "Uh, yeah. I'll make you some." She'd have to save some for herself, though.

"I am. I really think I am. I haven't met too many more people yet, sort of been keeping to myself, but most of the ones I know so far have been pretty cool. I have a really nice haven I've been staying at, my boss loves me at work, and so far no sign that anyone whose attention I wouldn't want thinks I'm either interesting or troublesome...things have been nice here."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:56 am

Waif's brows rise a bit as you can almost hear her thinking about the pie and considering it with a thoughtful nod while Jarl's eyes widen a bit, seeing a fellow kindred tuck away that much food and be interested in more, really, now that you think of it, is odd and a bit nauseating as you consider how it would feel in your own stomach. Glad to have you sticking around... I'll keep you in the loop, but let me know if anything else shit-odd goes down, hmm? A slight tap of his knee on yours as he nods. Ja Waifers, we do.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:52 pm

She couldn't tell anymore if this knee-tapping was still flirting or an attempt at Morse Code to mean, 'No, don't say anything about all the other crazy stuff that happened!' Cheryl felt like they probably should, except for one thing: the Scourge.

They had called him and told him about the issue in the alley, and so far as she was aware, he never said another word to Jarl since. She didn't explicitly know if he gave any direct order not to let it turn into news, or if they were supposed to implicitly understand that they should keep it to themselves. Until she got Jarl's opinion on that, she wasn't about to start sharing, not when Roman knew who the only two people were who would have been able to do so.

"Something will pop up eventually, right?" she said with a small shrug.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:15 pm

Always does, always does, that's the mother fucking issue aint it. Ooo the boys are back, catch you guys around hmm? She arches a brow and off to the side the other two who had been here originally and had left are standing, patiently. Ja, be good Waifers... He smiles and gives you a nudge to get up and he to follow, the slightest touch of his hand on the small of your back as you move.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:34 pm

"See you," Cheryl bade farewell with a nod and got up from the booth, grabbing the plate and saran wrap on the way to toss in the trash. Overall, it was an uneventful visit, which suited her just fine. At least she was up and out of her own little zone between work, the house, and the docks, right? Being all social for a change.

Her lips did twitch up at the brief feeling of Jarl's hand at her back. All these subtle gestures in public would turn into a game between them, she could tell, and they'd have to be careful with it.

They got outside, but she still didn't feel comfortable talking about the things that they might not be supposed to talk about. There was at least one question tickling her curiosity that she could ask. "You know those guys?" She looked at Jarl, beckoning her head back toward the building to mean the two people with Waif.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:01 pm

He gives a small shrug and a half smile as he looks down at you, you can almost swear he is struggling to not reach out and touch you, instead motions to the car. Ghouls or toys, I pity whichever, she is rough on her things sometimes, but really, Waif is a good girl, just... heck we all got our issues, right? Granted you just about had her purring with the brownies, god how could she eat that whole thine?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:12 pm

Ah, possible ghouls whom she apparently wasn't very nice to. Well...no Kindred were perfect. No Kine was, either. Cheryl nodded in understanding. "I expected that plate to last a couple nights at least. Her stomach must be flexible as a contortionist, or else she's completely hollow. I mean, did it even look like she was storing it all in her stomach?" Cheryl shook her head with a chuckle, because if she didn't laugh about it, she'd actually have to think about what Waif's internal plumbing did with all that food. It wasn't a pleasant thought.

She tucked her hands in her pockets and swayed playfully to the side, gently bumping her shoulder against Jarl's as they walked. The two of them would singlehandedly lose this place its tough-side-of-town reputation if they could, walking in with brownies and walking out holding hands. But no, they were being smart keeping their relationship to themselves.

"So...we go around to Paige's now? Finish up a quick check-in over there?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:07 pm

She is a teenager, ja? Don't they have like hollow legs or something like that? He laughs and nudges you back a little before motioning you to get into the car. Sounds like the best way to end off the night. And no worries on Waif, just knowing her, being healed up, those three are going to end up beating on each other to blow off steam... she isn't bad, just... just well. He shrugs a little, and well how does one explain it, you are all kindred with your issues, and the two didn't look too upset to be there, more eager to return.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:24 pm

It wasn't her place to comment on the Kindred-Ghoul relations of others, and it wasn't like the ghouls themselves would complain either way. Waif would do what Waif wanted to do, as did they all. "Yeah, I get it," was all she said, but she wasn't being dishonest. Even if she didn't always approve or agree, she could understand.

Cheryl got into the car and quickly looked in her bag, suddenly unsure if she actually remembered to bring the cat treats from home. It was a silly thing to worry about when mentioned aloud, but those cats were their only reliable source of information, and the only payment they asked for in return had to be delivered just as reliably. "Ah, here they are. Good." She pulled the container half-out to check, then slipped it back into the bag. "All right, and off we go."

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:47 pm

Spoiler:

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:48 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:51 pm

Spoiler:

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rusty's Corner Grill   Today at 10:16 am

Back to top Go down

Rusty's Corner Grill
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2