Portage: Descent into Darkness

A WoD RPG based on Vampire the Masquerade V20

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Wednesday, September 24th, 2014. An abnormally cool evening at 10c, the sky is overcast and there is a dampness on the light breeze.

Share | 

The Harpy's Gallery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: The Harpy's Gallery   Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:46 pm

He laughs, reaching to slip his arm through yours and lead you down the stairs and back out into the pressing night. Dressed in a light dress shirt and casual pants, still dressy but light for the temperature and still clean cut, well lines, careful thought put into each piece.

Outside he leads you over to a sleek, older BMW which is still in mint condition. My dear you do not know how much that pleases me. Please, shall we. He opens the door for you before slipping into the car himself with a smile, a brush of his hand on your leg before moving to set the gears.

It is a short drive really before he pulls up to a series of older homes, historical ones from the city really, and parks, leading you up a set of grand, old steps, swiping a card and leading you into one of the homes, marble, oak, elegance everywhere, clean lines and the scent of leather and paint along with soft scent of roses. My dear come in, come in... please.

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://intotheshadows.forumotion.eu
Charlotte McBride

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:03 pm

"This is a 1967 BMW 2000 CS, I've never seen one in such perfect condition. Do you do all your own bodywork?" Charlotte admires the car before she slips into the passenger seat. "And all the original interior. You have kept this beauty nicely sir, nicely indeed." Charlotte enjoys the ride very much. "I would love to get under the hood of this beauty sometime." Charlotte comments as she heads up the stairs and into the house. She looks around and appreciates the decor.

Theme song: Tata Young - Sexy, naughty, bitchy me

Charlotte is a 5'7" curvy redhead with light skin and eyes the colour of faded pumpkins, usually wearing clothing to highlight her figure. Currently wearing: http://cfc.polyvoreimg.com/cgi/img-set/.sig/XAeuM3ZxTZRVqq4YMLjFXg/cid/59715323/id/vvy2rerjQpiHqIXGfX6FBQ/size/c600x605.jpg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:15 pm

He seems amused with your interest in the car, and inside, offers to take your arm again and lead you through a large set of archway doors. I have a good mechanic my dear, I confess if it does not turn on, I have utterly no idea how to do anything about it. Tell me, what sort of art is your favourite, have you a style, a time period?

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
Charlotte McBride

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:24 pm

"Now, sir or can I be less formal in your home? If you are taking generalities, then music would be my favourite, classical, jazz, heavy metal. However, the pop art movement of the 1960s has a certain charm for me as well - Andy Warhol, Roy Lichtenstein."

Charlotte is a 5'7" curvy redhead with light skin and eyes the colour of faded pumpkins, usually wearing clothing to highlight her figure. Currently wearing: http://cfc.polyvoreimg.com/cgi/img-set/.sig/XAeuM3ZxTZRVqq4YMLjFXg/cid/59715323/id/vvy2rerjQpiHqIXGfX6FBQ/size/c600x605.jpg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:33 pm

My gallery dear, and please, it is alright, at times the titles of Court can be such a heavy burden. Warhol, brilliant really, I own an original, some of almost any time in truth, as well as my own... I take it though that you are a music woman, you might enjoy meeting Jung Kai, he is a brilliant musician in truth.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Charlotte McBride

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:38 pm

Charlotte smiles, "then ... Jorge ... yes, I would be happy to meet anyone you care to suggest. I am open to any form of self-improvement and education. I would like to see your own work though."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:48 pm

He pats your arm softly and smiles, looking pleased. Well then, this way Charlotte, I keep most of mine away from the known, I would not want to seem arrogant to assume I should have a place with them. He leads you into another high ceilinged, large room, the walls covered with various paintings of various styles, some looking incredibly old and others very recent.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Charlotte McBride

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:54 pm

Charlotte takes in an unnecessary breath, excitedly looking around from piece to piece. "Jorge ... these are amazing! How do any of your clan make it into the chamber?" The styles, the colours, the forms, the subject matter, Charlotte is speechless with awe.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:14 am

Ah but Charlotte, you assume then that I welcome them to my private collection... His voice trails off, an amused, suggestive tone as he moves along, an arrogant pride to his movements as he watches your face and your reactions rather then the paintings.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Charlotte McBride

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:49 am

It's almost too much, "Jorge, I am simply over-whelmed." Charlotte continues to move about, stretching her less the formidable knowledge of art to the absolute limits, the comments and questions coming thick and fast: "this abstract expressionist piece, what does the yellow splatter mean? Here you have art deco transferred to canvas; were you a member the New York Ashcan school, the Barbizan school? Is that assemblage? This landscape is breathtaking, where was this? Is this one Cubist and that one looks classicalism, or classicism, I can't remember the word, but you've set it opposite a work of the romantics, so exotic Jorge, what were you thinking of when you painted this? And this one, so irrational, nonsensical, is this dadaism or full blown surrealism? You must have lived all over the world to have mastered so many forms? Ah look, pop art examples and op art too, the 1960s were good for you. But this collage, it's so big, so amazing ..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:49 am

He laughs as he trails a step behind you, you can almost feel the heat of his gaze upon you as he answers each question and seems to bask in each complement. My dear Charlotte, it is good that you no longer have need to breathe, you do not pause, soak it in childe, there is something to be said for my curse, it is blessing, to lose yourself, spend the time needed to fully understand what it is that is before you...

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Charlotte McBride

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:54 am

Charlotte pauses and would blush if she were still breathing. "You must think me a flustered schoolgirl Jorge. But, this woman here, in the abstract? Was she special to you?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:18 am

He pauses, a stillness to his chuckling and steps forward, shaking his head. Not a kiddy school girl, it is pleasure to see someone truly enjoy art beyond the surface... Reaching forward, he almost touches the image, expression blank then drops his hand slowly. You possess a sharp eye.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Charlotte McBride

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:24 am

"Oh Jorge, only the worst philistine would come in here and not be moved by what they find." Charlotte pauses, "the shortened brush strokes, the finer bristles used, the greater blending of colours of the female form on the canvass as compared to the surrounding spaces ... I hope I did not bring up a sad memory." Charlotte watches the harpy's actions.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:10 pm

No, no Charlotte, there are just many memories that one builds over the years, it is a sorrow those who have no manner in which to capture them for eternity, another immortality that so many are lost for they are never captured. He turns slightly to regard you with a soft smile that sends that small thrill down your spine, the slightest curve of his lips as he takes you in. Your passion, your understanding of what is before you is refreshing, I knew I chose most well inviting you thusly.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Charlotte McBride

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:19 pm

Again, Charlotte would have blushed at such words, and sort of looks at the harpy and smiles, "you flatter me sir." Regard the harpy with a shy smiles.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:23 pm

He reaches up slowly then brushes back a lock of hair over your shoulder. A rare jewel truly, come, walk some more with me Charlotte, you have seen my soul on canvas, now tell me of yourself, there is just something within you that I cannot deny...

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Charlotte McBride

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:38 pm

Charlotte smiles at the harpy, a genuinely warm smile. "I confess to being taken aback by the question Jorge. An Alaskan girl who made her way out through sheer bloody-mindedness."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:48 pm

Oh one thinks there is far more then that, come, upstairs it is a stunning view of our city, the waters, the towers... Up a set of winding stairs, the elegant curves and wood glistening, he leads you to a balcony which extends the length of the house. It overlooks the water, out in the distance the island sits, a beam of light as the lighthouse turns, and below and around there is the life of the city teaming. You are vivid, alive, thriving Charlotte, please, do not sell yourself short.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Charlotte McBride

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:42 am

Charlotte nods, "My parents were taken away from me when I was young. A disgruntled ex-employee of my father's killed them. I was raised by an aunt, very religious, very strict and, although she wasn't a monster or anything of that sort, I was often paraded as her great charity project to the people of her church. She wasn't a hypocrit mind, but many others in that town were, and I couldn't wait to shake of the dust of it. There were three possibilities for escape, and I explored them all in my efforts: music, mechanics and money. When I was finally able to get enough money together, I left Alaska on a third hand Harley and made my way to a better life in New England. I had been accepted at Vassar, went on to Harvard, where my sire first took an interest in me. I had been successfully buying and selling stock and paying off debts and student loans before I made my first million and, after graduation I set up the first incarnation of my company, headquartered in Chicago."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:14 am

And like the glorious fire that dances about your face, you rose out of the ashes, a pheonix, ah I knew I had seen that within you, that burning ember striving for eternal flame, not merely a momentary indulgence of the life in which we now find ourself. That soft smile and his eyes, so soft, alluring, watching you with a hint of hunger perhaps, his hand dropping ever so slowly from its barest brush of your hair.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Charlotte McBride

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:03 am

Catch his hand, "you flatter me Jorge, but you're correct. I've never been one to accept the status quo."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:06 am

Flattery is for those who you must lie to, my dear I have no need to. I hope that you are not offended that I am thusly forward my dear, perhaps your sire was more formal then such, and I would not wish to set the wrong impression.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Charlotte McBride

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:09 am

Charlotte smiles, "perhaps we are alike in that way Jorge." She raises the harpy's hand to her lips and kisses it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:22 am

His brows rise slightly, amusement, approval, something else, but he does not pull his hand away, instead moves his finger slightly to catch your lip. So beautiful a creature, fierce, fiery, burning with such passions within... A step closer, the nearness of his body as he watches your expression, as if drinking you in.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Harpy's Gallery   Today at 10:17 am

Back to top Go down

The Harpy's Gallery
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next