Portage: Descent into Darkness

A WoD RPG based on Vampire the Masquerade V20

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Wednesday, September 24th, 2014. An abnormally cool evening at 10c, the sky is overcast and there is a dampness on the light breeze.

Share | 

8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:26 pm

Her eyes flutter at the sound of your voice, not fully alert yet, but then she was in such horrible shape. A small gasp of sound and a firmer grip of her lips to your wrist, you can feel her drawing on the blood now. Careful she doesn't take too much from you Cheryl, keep speaking to her, let her hear your voice, when her mind starts to react, she may panic...

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://intotheshadows.forumotion.eu
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:34 pm

The people they drank from were lucky that it made them high, because this felt very strange with a clear mind. "I-I'm not sure when to stop." When Paige started regaining control of her faculties, Cheryl supposed; when the detective started looking less beaten up.

"Paige, it's all right. Just drink and let it heal you. Let it go where things hurt. You're going to be all right..." She continued that soft murmur, her thumb brushing over Paige's shoulder as gently as possible to give the waking woman something tangible to focus on.

She stands at 5'7" with brown hair and eyes, nice curves and good poise, but those are about her only features that don't get altered based on circumstance. Find her on a job and you'll see that she knows how to dress herself up and put on a bright smile. On her own time she's likely to be more casual, if quiet and somewhat guarded, leaving off the makeup and wearing combinations of jeans and tees or tank tops for the most part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:43 pm

You can see now the horrid swelling on her face slowly going down, and the bared skin, the wounds slowly closing over, the bruises fading away. More awareness in her eyes now, a confused look and a slight gagging noise, a combination of horror and that hunger, the addiction to your vitae. Enough Cheryl, enough now, you will weaken yourself too, she is alert now...

Spoiler:

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:50 pm

"That's enough," she said softly, gently tilting Paige's mouth open enough to slip her wrist away. She took a deep breath, even if it was unnecessary. They were done.

Well, they were done with this part. In hindsight, it was probably the easiest task in the process. Now they had to deal with a cop who just woke up in her own home to find two intruders and herself drinking someone else's blood. "Paige, it me, Cheryl. Can you talk? How do you feel?" This was going to be a long night.

She stands at 5'7" with brown hair and eyes, nice curves and good poise, but those are about her only features that don't get altered based on circumstance. Find her on a job and you'll see that she knows how to dress herself up and put on a bright smile. On her own time she's likely to be more casual, if quiet and somewhat guarded, leaving off the makeup and wearing combinations of jeans and tees or tank tops for the most part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:56 pm

A lick of your own wrist is so strange, to taste yourself and Jarl seems ready at the side of the bed, watching Paige now more then you. Wha... Cheryl, oh god... Her voice starts to go up, the attack in mind, and now, now a part of her is realizing she has just, something has just happened that is very odd. They, they are here... Her voice starts to go up and he moves like a flash, covering her mouth. Hush, hush Miss Paige, no, no they are gone, hush... you've been hurt, please...

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:02 pm

Oh, of course. A cop who just woke up with two intruders in her home and herself drinking someone else's blood - and the traumatic memory of waking up to find Sabbat intruding in her home and attacking her. That made this so much easier. "Paige, no, it's all right." Cheryl softly squeezed Paige's shoulder, her other hand rushing to the frightened woman's arm. "We know they were here, but they're gone now. They won't hurt you anymore. You're safe."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:16 am

A mumble cry beneath his grip, panicked, wide eyed but then slowly easing as she looks confused once more, so much like a little girl, still covered in her own blood, but now no longer bleeding. Come Cheryl, lets get her into the shower, right Paige, get you cleaned up then we can try to explain, and get you somewhere safe ja? She nods her head slightly and he releases his hand to her gasping, but no scream this time, looking to you for some sort of understanding when in truth there is nothing to understand.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:28 am

Cheryl understood the disorientation. It was a little like waking from a vivid nightmare and not knowing where you were, or else you suspected that you had awoken but weren't quite sure, like you might still be in it. Paige was mentally in no condition to start listening to explanations. "It's all right," she said with a small smile. "You don't have to be afraid now. I know this is all really confusing, but before we can talk, you should calm yourself down and get your bearings. A long shower to clean yourself up is just what you need. Do you have cocoa mix? I'll make you some."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:26 am

She nods numbly, looking at you with an expression that is difficult to read, but does slowly rise from the bed, a small cry as she looks down at her torn clothing and the mess. Hush, no worries Paige, I will clean it ja, all better soon, go with Cheryl. His voice is so soft, calm and soothing as she rises to go with you, and behind, he gathers up the blankets, more things to get rid of, cover up this breach and quietly as possible. She follows your direction and soon is in the shower, standing beneath the water, leaving you to the bedroom and Jarl once more. Cheryl... we must make choice, they wanted her dead and a mess, now she is not...

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:33 am

Cheryl ran a hand through her hair and stretched her neck as she finally left Paige to a soothing shower shower. The relief didn't last long. As soon as she returned to the bedroom, Jarl started talking about, as far as she could tell, everything else that would undoubtedly domino from this adventure. "Another choice? About what? About who to tell, about what to tell her? To tell her that she's not safe in her own house anymore, after a bare few months of being settled in town? She's a cop, one who's been working very hard to establish herself here and build a whole life." This was going to be awful. "Do...do you need help in here? If not, I'm going to make some hot cocoa."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:56 am

Che...Cheryl, it is going to be alright, we just... go, go make cocoa darling. A soft smile as he motions you along and away, a realization there perhaps that Paige was not the only one in a sort of shock here in the house tonight.

Her kitchen is dark but it is easy to find what you are looking for, water boiling, cocoa powder in the mug, the sound of the water in the pipes still as Paige cleanses the attack from her and perhaps finds some steadying in the shower too, what had happened, how to process that, what to say? The shower is turned off and after a few moments you can hear another set of footprints upstairs and then on the stairs, Paige coming down them with Jarl behind her.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:05 am

Spoiler:

The kitchen was peaceful, especially for Cheryl. Cocoa didn't take much effort, so she got an opportunity to calm herself down while Paige did the same. Removed from the situation for a quiet moment, she let all of the countless questions and thoughts surrounding the past forty-five minutes run through her head without the pressing need to make decisions or act on them. It only helped a little, but it helped.

She looked up from her position against the counter when she heard footsteps, quickly turning to mix the cocoa together. The other two walked in, and she plastered a small but tired smile on her face as she presented the steaming mug. "Hey...here. Chocolate is good for nerves, right?" Cheryl studied Paige for a moment, her eyes scanning the detective's to try to gauge her state of mind. "Are you holding up okay?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:27 am

She reaches out, her hands shaking slightly as she takes the hot chocolate while Jarl stands behind her, now looking the elder that he is, and still a gentle smile for you. I... don't know how you ended up here Cheryl, what... I remember the attack, but... there are no marks, but I know, it wasn't a dream...

Spoiler:

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:41 pm

Cheryl rested her hands on the counter, closing her eyes as she tried to think about what she should say, how much to say, and how. Paige was clearly still in shock, justifiably so, and she needed a simple train of thought to follow. It was so tempting to lie to her and say that yes, it had all been a dream, but there were too many gaps - Cheryl's presence and Jarl's and all the missing injuries that she still had that day. Even if she bought it, it would mean leaving her vulnerable in her home, where the Sabbat could easily find her again when they found out she was still alive.

"All right, um...okay, I'll start with something basic that you'll understand. You're right that it wasn't a dream. The group that attacked you tonight is the one that the guy from the club belongs to, the one you met who attacked you the first time." Cheryl spoke slowly and deliberately, pausing between each chunk of information to let Paige process them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:17 pm

She nods slowly, seeming to be regarding only you, as if unaware that Jarl is standing a short distance behind her. Payback I get, but how they knew where I lived...

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:44 pm

Cheryl felt a twinge uncomfortable with the singular attention and wondered if it was one of the products of the bond. "Honestly, you've been here long enough that it's as easy as googling you. That's how I found you, too." She took on a slightly sheepish tone in the last part, although 'googling someone' was far more acceptable nowadays than 'stalking information about someone.'

"I had a feeling they would come after you, more than you did, so I...I've been trying to make sure you're okay. That's the only reason we found you tonight." She tried to leave Jarl out of the conversation, not wanting to transfer any blame onto him. "Do you remember when I told you at the restaurant that I knew the group the guy belonged to? Or that I knew about them? Well, I do, but I know more than I let on. They're not just a normal gang. Coming for you may not have been just payback. They may think that you still have access to whatever clued you into Club Gotham and don't want you learning anything else risky for them."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:51 pm

She takes a small sip of the hot chocolate and turns slightly to look at Jarl then you. You... you aren't just a waitress, are you?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:00 pm

Her mouth quirked up at that. Trust a detective to be fast on the uptake and fast on recovery. "Bartender, and...no."

Cheryl glanced nervously at Jarl, looking for a head shake or any form of disapproval. This was what they were leading up to, though. There was no way to help Paige protect herself without telling her the nature of who was coming after her and why. Cheryl gingerly spread her palms on the counter and leaned in slightly, trying to convey insistence without being aggressive. "I'll tell you what I am, but I have to warn you that it's beyond strange. I wouldn't blame you for being shocked or not quite believing it, but please keep in mind that I'm still me, and that you're safe. We're here to protect you. Okay?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:17 pm

Beyond... strange? She looks a bit paler, looking back between the both of you again, a hint of fear there. Jarl glances to you, a small quirk of his lips. Paige... we have abilities, it sounds like a comic book, or like the x-men, but me n Cheryl, we have abilities and are not quite like you, and there are others, like us, but they are the bad guys... heck, that sounds insane, doesn't it?

Paige looks at you then him and you again and furrows her brow, looking to you to see if you can explain this a bit better then he meant, though there was the soft tone there that maybe saying the word vampire was bad.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:28 pm

She frowned and let Jarl speak, catching his tone and not sure how to explain now. Which abilities did she have that she could how? Retractable fangs were out, apparently. Talking to animals, a little super endurance, and - ah. Night vision.

"It's a long story." She shrugged, rubbing a hand behind her neck. "But I can at least demonstrate something small. One of the things we can do is, uh, see in the dark. We can't do in front of other people because of how it looks." The kitchen lights would make the glow dimmer, but it should still be faintly visible on her own skin at least. "Now remember, just stay calm." Cheryl hesitated for a moment before moving her gaze away from Paige's, directing it over the detective's shoulder while she let her eyes drain to red.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:33 pm

Her look of confusion turns into shock, a small gasping noise as the room comes to sharp shapes and colours to you, brighter then the light in a way, as each shape is in clear, sharp relief. Jarl nods softly at your choice and steps forward. We hide because people are afraid of what they do not know, and some of us, that are like this, or other abilities, they are evil, like people would fear, but... we try to police them, except this time you got caught in it too...

She half nods, half shakes her head and looks to you with a half expression of pleading. I.. ah, can, can you stop... that, please... now?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:48 pm

Cheryl couldn't help but take in the contrast from how the room looked before; she'd never tried this in a lit space. At Paige's request, however, she quickly made her vision fade to normal. "It's okay. It's just a change in eye color and a little red light. It doesn't do anything," she assured softly, keeping her expression calm and staying still to avoid startling Paige more.

"So, uh, that group is made up of people like us." Cheryl again spoke slowly for her. "But they're kind of...rabid in a way. They don't like the rules that the rest of us hold ourselves accountable to, and they're always trying to start trouble. Club Gotham was one of their bases, and after the way that guy reacted to your knowledge of it, we think they might be planning something big. If they think you know something about that, then it would explain them wanting to get rid of you."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:00 pm

S...so I got myself in the middle of some sort of war, like gang war, except... you people, are mutants? Her voice is quavering but she seems to be holding it together, granted, the vitae as well may be helping that, binding her to you slightly.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:09 pm

"Pretty much, yeah." Cheryl nodded sympathetically. Even as an oversimplified half-truth, it was a lot to take in. "Even with you being a cop, I couldn't tell you everything, and for more than the obvious reasons. The basic premise of this whole problem is like a gang war, but because we're all trying to hide from normal people and from each other, it's run more like spy espionage. It's just not something a police department could stop. You guys would be put in danger - or worse, rouse danger - more than you could help."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:40 pm

Another small nod as she takes another sip, still shaking slightly. And, and now I know... what happens to me?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   

Back to top Go down

8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next