Portage: Descent into Darkness

A WoD RPG based on Vampire the Masquerade V20

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Wednesday, September 24th, 2014. An abnormally cool evening at 10c, the sky is overcast and there is a dampness on the light breeze.

Share | 

8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:51 pm

A few nights ago, this spitfire woman had been going on about how she would take down the menaces who dared threaten the city with a gang war. Now she seemed very young, and scared, and maybe a little small. She probably felt small, too. Cheryl still remembered that feeling, when she first woke up and learned that she was walking amongst metaphorical titans.

"Hopefully nothing happens to you. You shouldn't be in the middle of this at all, but it won't be as easy as that." Cheryl looked at her apologetically. "You're not safe in this house. Because of your rather public career, they'll know sooner or later that you're still alive. There's no way around that. It's going to take some time to figure all of this out, but can we - can we take you somewhere safe for now?"

She stands at 5'7" with brown hair and eyes, nice curves and good poise, but those are about her only features that don't get altered based on circumstance. Find her on a job and you'll see that she knows how to dress herself up and put on a bright smile. On her own time she's likely to be more casual, if quiet and somewhat guarded, leaving off the makeup and wearing combinations of jeans and tees or tank tops for the most part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:54 pm

You can stay at my old apartment Paige, Cheryl and I have a place together and its still mine... you know, in case she ever throws me in the dog house. A small smile and chuckle, lightening the mood a little. We get you settled while you heal up and such, and then maybe figure from there, you are still on leave right? Paige nods softly. Then we can use that time to figure it out...

He is so soothing, gentle even with the woman and nods at you with a small smile. Control they needed to control this and at least for the moment, it seems that things are in a relatively organized way of being.

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://intotheshadows.forumotion.eu
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:05 pm

"It's a nice place in a basement unit. You'll have privacy there. We can help you pack anything you need; there's isn't anything in the kitchen. At all." Cheryl tried to smile, tried to go with the lighter mood, but that seemed to be Jarl's gift. The kitchen was important, though, and not just because Paige needed food and Cheryl happened to love kitchens. Having her own food, her own utensils, her own stuff around her would help in an unfamiliar environment, especially when she was scared.

She stands at 5'7" with brown hair and eyes, nice curves and good poise, but those are about her only features that don't get altered based on circumstance. Find her on a job and you'll see that she knows how to dress herself up and put on a bright smile. On her own time she's likely to be more casual, if quiet and somewhat guarded, leaving off the makeup and wearing combinations of jeans and tees or tank tops for the most part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:21 am

I'll go get the car, you girls pack... He smiles and steps back and away, leaving the two of you alone. Packing a quick pack, bowl, plate, utensils, Jarl can always come back and get more. Suitcases and two boxes and before long you are ready to go, Paige still in a daze, but then it is not every day you almost die then are revived to complete healing.

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:28 am

Cheryl took care of the kitchenware and let Paige go upstairs to pack clothes and the like. She could have some time alone to think. As long as she didn't freak out until they reached the apartment, everything would be okay; dawn was close, and the two mutants couldn't afford to wait for too many distractions.

So far everything was going smoothly as could be expected, and they got Paige and her things to the car unscathed. Cheryl let Jarl drive, and as they all got in, she shot him a discreet glance of weariness that she was certain he shared. It would no doubt be a quiet drive.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:49 am

Paige curls up in the back, seemingly in a half dreaming state, and as you pull into the familiar apartment complex, Jarl moves to carry everything in, leaving you to Paige. She still is silent, musing, the shock perhaps, exhaustion, everything, but there is no argument and once settled, he ushers you out of the apartment, promises to Paige to return the next night, the door is closed firmly behind and then he stops, motioning you away from him, turns to the door and lowers his head, a low murmur of a chant with his hands out slightly to the side. A wave of coolness, not quite ice, soft words, murmurs in the space around you and then he turns, a small smile.

She will be guarded, none will enter or exit nor realize they cannot do either, but just be brushed aside and distracted... it will keep her safe if needed, but more, sorry Cheryl, it will keep her there, we still cannot risk the breach. Weary, he looks weary but gives you a small, hopeful smile as if unsure of your response.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:04 am

She watched his little ritual with the door warily, more so when he told her the purpose behind it. It did feel a little wrong, keeping Paige trapped all day against her will.

"No, it's smart," she reluctantly admitted. "We can't be there during the day to watch over her. If she wakes up and panics and runs out somewhere or tries to tell someone what happened, everyone would be in danger - her, us, whoever she talks to." It would be like the police planning to storm Gotham all over again, except this time, the Camarilla would join in on the carnage because of all the breaches.

"Who knows what would happen if a ghoul of theirs sees her in the streets and reports back. We can't just keep her locked here for long, but at least she'll be safe for now. I'm sure she could use a peaceful day to wrap her head around all this, and we need some time to figure things out before the Sabbat do."

She nodded to herself, glancing at the door again and the seal on it. That would have been handy on those ghosts. Her raised her head with the look of having an idea. "What about the windows? That time when the spirits came into the apartment, I saw something in the fog on the side of the building before I went in."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:35 am

I have set up guards, wards for all the ways in, it may attract other wraiths to see what I have done, but those I have set will stay until I release them. I have done this before ja? He smiles softly, reaching out to pull you to him, hugging you tightly. I did not ask, are you hungry from that Cheryl?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:19 pm

She curled into him and breathed out deeply, letting all of her stress loosen as much as it would. "No, actually. I got a couple drinks tonight, so I was pretty full up. What about you? Is putting all this up going to give you nightmares?" she lifted her head to look at him worriedly. If people were already getting bad nightmares, prophetic ones that stepped out of their heads and tore them apart, then inducing some with necromancy didn't sound like a good idea at all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:54 am

No... no guards usually does not, we have guards at home ja, every morning, it is a way I know my haven is safe. A small kiss for your forehead. Time for home Cheryl, we have much to do tomorrow ja... is to be a long night I believe.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:06 am

"Right." Tomorrow would be a long night? It felt like there weren't enough hours left in this one. They exited to the car, everything finally quiet and peaceful, though Cheryl didn't dare let her guard down until they got back to the house. Knowing it was warded while they slept was a huge comfort, and she once more couldn't believe that Jarl trusted her enough to let her inside that ward.

She had a ghoul. God damn, she had a ghoul. She didn't want one, and her motivation in doing it wasn't to get a ghoul, but it was still a crazy thought to try to apply to herself. It was surreal, like the first time she ever drove a long distance on her own or paid her first bill. This was something that applied to other people, not her.

"I'll drive," she said, quietly insisting until she got the keys. They both got in, and Cheryl sat there for a second with her hands on the steering wheel before turning to Jarl. "I didn't want to tell you this last night, after you came in the way you did, because I don't know if you already know or how you might react and didn't want to make things worse. The Nossies are aware of your secret business ventures. Nosh actually seemed to know of you quite well. They think you're interesting. I just thought I should tell you before I forget with all this new crazy stuff happening."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:05 am

He just looks at you stunned as you both sit in the car, unblinking and then a small, almost sigh before he looks to the road and the way home. I... guess I should not be surprised ja... I do not know, I do not know I like that I interest them. Ah Cheryl, you will sleep with me tonight? So small, so young again, his voice gentle and hopeful as he finally looks back at you again.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:53 pm

"You'd better not even think of skulking off to sleep somewhere else." Like it hadn't been a hell of a night for her, too. He wasn't the only one who enjoyed all the snuggling up. Cheryl finally turned on the car, changed gear, and started for home.

"We - we have to call the Sheriff, don't we? About the Sabbat attacking Paige." Things just kept getting better.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:15 pm

Mmm I will Cheryl, but home, just... home. He falls silent and leans back, the rest of the trip in that exhausted silence. Once home he leaves you to getting Ferocious ready for the day while you hear his voice soft in the other room. Back to you, he slips his arms around you, pulling you into an embrace then without asking, lifts and carries you downstairs, Ferocious following, babbling about the bugs caught and how he was pretty sure he scared a monster off, a fluffy monster which sounds a lot like a raccoon had been on the back deck. Downstairs, he lays you gently on the bed, brushing your hair back. They know your ghoul was attacked, but that things are alright... I did not tell them she was... was uninvolved until then, leave it that nothing was breach anywhere... Cheryl... A whisper as he crawls in next to you, a soft caress on your arms as he rests his head on your shoulder.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:01 pm

There was more that she wanted to ask, but once again she lost the opportunity. They were both too exhausted to want to deal with yet more crap . In the evening, when they awoke, she would ask about his fight and what to tell the others about the alley incident. For now, she cuddled a happy little Ferocious and listened to his grand adventures with raccoons and asked how the extra food that they left for him worked out. Everyone should have a fluffy kitten to end the night with.

Apparently, she was Jarl's. Cheryl squeaked in surprise and chuckled tiredly when he picked her up and took her downstairs. She could get used to going to bed this way. "That's fine," she murmured, loosely hugging her arms around his shoulders when he got in bed with her and placing light kisses on his forehead and temple. "Sleep well."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:04 pm

He murmurs softly, no real words and settles in for the night, the dawn tugging at both your eyelids, the evening, well that would bring many questions, maybe some answers but until then... the three of you are well curled up and comfortable, secure for the moment.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)   

Back to top Go down

8 Emerald Court: Matthew's Residence (Once More)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3