Portage: Descent into Darkness

A WoD RPG based on Vampire the Masquerade V20

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Wednesday, September 24th, 2014. An abnormally cool evening at 10c, the sky is overcast and there is a dampness on the light breeze.

Share | 

Mysteries And Mysticism...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zeek

PostSubject: Mysteries And Mysticism...   Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:22 pm

Xavier awoke once more, that faint scent wafting through the confines of his bedchambers. It was so familiar, so... and then gone. Just as quickly, before his mind could even bother making the connections it was off on the last nights events. This murderer was drawing attention to the tower, and this did not bode well for the masquerade.

Isabella had a chance to review the items and now he hoped would shed some light on the information. She was always so... useful in that manner. Oh, but to bother her once more with such trivial matters it seemed so out of place, so unwelcome, a shoe on the wrong foot.

Sliding through his early evening routine, he bathed, dressed and took one last look over his bedroom. He would need to set up a security camera. There was something disturbing him about it, this fleeting hint at not being alone in the sanctity of his own domain.

Regardless it wasn't long before he found himself before the door to Isabella's Library, once his mothers and now... this woman's. Was anything ever going to be his again, truly, did he want any of this? The creature comforts offered with increased financial revenue made things so easy. Even if he ached to defile the materialistic items he desperately clung to.

Oh how he loathed it all.

"Lady Isabella. May I enter?" Asking permission in his family home, so... unnerving. It was quite easy to see that the young man of the house was in a most pecuilure mood, one of bitter annoyance.

Torrential storm clouds infuse themselves within the blue-gray eyes of this lovely young man. Peering out from beneath tousled strands of alabaster-gold hair with an expression of sheer boredom. It seemed as though nothing held much interest for this male of small stature. Standing only 4'4", his lithe form was always ready to spring into action, moving with feline grace wherever that may be, clad in his off brand designer clothes for whatever purposes he might have.

Quote: "Cross /krôs/, noun: a thing they nail people to."
Theme: Burn It Down - Linkin Park
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mysteries And Mysticism...   Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:37 pm

Xavier... Your name more a question then anything else, as much of a permission to enter as any, had she been silent or denied you, then you would turn away, but she has at least acknowledged your presence. Within the room, she seems to be hard at work, books, scripts, scrolls lain carefully about, she seated cross-legged in the middle of it all with several ikons, items and pendants about her. A child with her toys, oh but she was a dangerous child. The pair of you though, slender, small, delicate and deadly, she would have been a glorious sire, indeed she was everything but the origin of your birth in being a sire, it was her own blood which had given you better control over the Abyss, but it was your own changed blood which had kept the bond from ever forming by mystical means.

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://intotheshadows.forumotion.eu
Zeek

PostSubject: Re: Mysteries And Mysticism...   Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:46 pm

"I did not mean to disturb you much, I was just curious if you had made any head-...way.." Xavier's fingers left the door closing it behind him but he hadn't taken into account just how dangerous she could be. These items, these plain ordinary scriptures, words, chalices, daggers... he should have known by now that everything had a purpose, usefulness to her.

It always seemed to surprise him, no matter how much he had seen she always managed to show him more. He stood silent a moment, his eyes sweeping the area and nodded his head as if permitting himself to continue. "What, is all this? Having some fun are we?" A lighter tone, one of curiosity with flecks of skepticism as always.

Torrential storm clouds infuse themselves within the blue-gray eyes of this lovely young man. Peering out from beneath tousled strands of alabaster-gold hair with an expression of sheer boredom. It seemed as though nothing held much interest for this male of small stature. Standing only 4'4", his lithe form was always ready to spring into action, moving with feline grace wherever that may be, clad in his off brand designer clothes for whatever purposes he might have.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mysteries And Mysticism...   Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:04 pm

Always my Xavier... always. Her lips twitch slightly in amusement as she lowers one of the items in her hand and motions you to join her. Business is pleasure in some ways to view it. Headway, mmm yes, in a manner of speaking. Have you given it any thought, what passes in your mind that ought to be considered here?

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
Zeek

PostSubject: Re: Mysteries And Mysticism...   Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:22 pm

"I've given much thought yes. I suppose however that first and foremost would be to properly alert the tower and have those with more pull than myself buffer the kine out of knowledge they needn't have. I am certain this is supernatural in it's auspices, the only other thing I can manage is that it is some kind of ritual...."

There was a tilting of his head and his golden hair fell to the side considering, contemplating her motions and posture while she deliberately moved one object aside to another. "For that I suppose I must inquire within the house of cards. Err.. the Tremere. Might you know of any that would be of assistance...? Low key of course. I would like to prove my worth to the Tower before they get all uppity about my heritage...."

A dour scowl across his face and then a hint of a smile, this was a game and he wanted to see it through. Whether he belonged or not didn't matter, he existed and so much so that they were bound by their own laws so long as he didn't break them, he was nigh untouchable...

And yet, somewhere within he knew that laws were meant to be broken. Ideas tested, and theories... practiced. It had been so long since his last killing. Feasting until gorged, he really needed to get out more and rid the streets of some vile crooks.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mysteries And Mysticism...   Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:25 pm

I would contact a Mister Higgs, he has been suitable enough in the past to handle those of us who are not cannon as we ought to be within the Tower... and in truth, you are more then most likely correct my dear, but we do not run to the Tower with babbled stories of suppositions, something detailed, something that you can answer any questions then go to them, show them your value, your metal, that they realize you are not some lost waif in his cups, regardless of your bloodline. There is a soft knock at the door and a low voice. M'am, the Dame Kapera is here to see you?

Ah... stay a moment my Xavier, I would have you meet her...

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Zeek

PostSubject: Re: Mysteries And Mysticism...   Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:33 pm

There was a seizing, a locking up of his joints and his posture becoming more rigid with his right eyebrow lifting curiously. He only turned to watch her motion toward the door and nod his head bowing ever so slightly. "As you wish it Lady Isabella." There was a smirk hiding in his eyes but he loved the etiquette game.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mysteries And Mysticism...   Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:47 pm

Isabella rises slowly, a delicate, perfect motion, stepping out of her circle of books. She is still dressed in what you assume is a silk, black night gown, the slender straps a bit disarrayed on her shoulders, her feet still bare as she approaches you. A soft sound at the door and then a tall, very tall woman enters. She is the shadow and light to Isabella, her eyes the colour of midnight, shades of grey to ebony, her hair a silver blonde, her skin translucent with a pallor that is both beautiful and otherworldly. Well over six feet at least, she is still petite, waif like, slender, delicate and with the tiniest of curves, something very alien about her as she looks down, looming over you both.

Lady, is this, is this the one that died, ahhhh yes, one sees this, thou art a childe of blood and fire, one who was named and called and created... ahhhh yes. Her voice is soft lilting and lyrical, something you could close your eyes and listen to and yet, you are not sure you want to lose track of where the woman is. Come Kapera, yes, this is he... As she goes to move, there is a sudden pressure, a force, something of heavy heat, pressing air, your ears popping and for a moment, a feeling of suffocation and then it lifts, both women looking shocked, though it is this strange Kapera which speaks first. Oh, thy time is not yet... no... A whisper to something, someone, and clearly, not anyone present.

Kapera
Spoiler:

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Zeek

PostSubject: Re: Mysteries And Mysticism...   Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:15 pm

"Named, called, and created? I'm not quite sure I und... What the french toast was that?" In his bewildered state he could feel the suffocation, the thickness to the air and with a flash of lightning in his eyes, Xavier threw himself into the surroundings trying to soak up the effect with all his senses.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mysteries And Mysticism...   Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:19 pm

Something has just moved over you all, from the East to the West, like some great wave of pressure, had it been water, you would have been all drowned. You can feel it retreating to the West, and in a manner, dissipating as it leaves the city bounds. Sound wave, pressure wave, something more like that which it seems that all three of you have clearly felt, Isabella's eyes wide as she turns to her items about while Kapera turns to the East, tilting her head, a frown on her face, it seems she is sensing what you have as well. It reminds you deeply of being a child, taking a stone and throwing it into a puddle, watching the tidal wave spread out, or more, a blow to the side of a container, causing the water to radiate out from it then return, would this then, would this then return and did it affect everyone or just Kindred? A flash of lightening streaks across the sky, illuminating the room, dry lightening, the air was heavy and dense already without that wave of, of something. A small, whispered sensation fills you, that was just the start...

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Zeek

PostSubject: Re: Mysteries And Mysticism...   Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:28 pm

Xavier felt something he hadn't in a long time, the hair on his very skin stood on end. Goosebumps and a shiver that followed along it. That wasn't all, the depths of his fractured soul the splinter that had divided his two sharded selves quivered in delight.

With a deep breath he exhaled slowly while his eyes remained closed drinking in the sensation. "The anticipation... is killing me." A careless whisper, breathless upon the air. The faintest rustle of their dresses causing him to stir once more from his peaceful revery.

"A pleasure Ma'dam Kapera. This Mr. Higgs, where might I find him?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mysteries And Mysticism...   Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:37 pm

Oh no, no it is the arrival that should. Kapera laughs so softly as she turns to you, reaching across and oh so daringly touches the top of your head then smiles. At twenty-three-sixty-eight Hieghten, enjoy the truths you may or may not find there Xavier... Isabella... Her voice, a purr, not seduction, no, she is something else as in answering your question, even if it was posed to Isabella, she is done and content, your sire nodding and turning to the woman, motioning over to whatever work is being done.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Zeek

PostSubject: Re: Mysteries And Mysticism...   Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:43 pm

"When one enters, another must leave." A soft chuckle and almost a nuzzling into her touch, this was after all Isabella's dear friend and the longing Ezekiel had for contact, a connection with someone other than cattle. But it was not to be, he was dismissed just as readily as any servant.

"I shall take my leave Ladies. A pleasant evening to the both of you, may your findings be fortuitous."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mysteries And Mysticism...   Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:45 pm

Her laughter is silver, chimes even and the memory of an old nursery rhyme, or perhaps some story, you cannot remember as she drops her hand slowly, caressing down the back of your heard before releasing, and for a moment, you see something shimmer about her, something... but then it is gone. A soft murmur for you alone though, or so you can assume, as Isabella seems to not hear. Later...thy time shalt be.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Zeek

PostSubject: Re: Mysteries And Mysticism...   Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:48 pm

With their attentions elsewhere Xavier slid from the room quietly, effortlessly easing the door closed. It wasn't long before he was out and on his way to this Mr. Higgs place, with his findings in his pocket, he looked to the sky while stepping outside. The storm would be torrential, and he would need a driver this evening.

How unfortunate.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mysteries And Mysticism...   

Back to top Go down

Mysteries And Mysticism...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Portage: Descent into Darkness :: Day 14: Kindred-
Jump to: