Portage: Descent into Darkness

A WoD RPG based on Vampire the Masquerade V20

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Wednesday, September 24th, 2014. An abnormally cool evening at 10c, the sky is overcast and there is a dampness on the light breeze.

Share | 

Home: Too Much Thinking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Home: Too Much Thinking   Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:09 pm

Before she even opened her eyes, she lifted the kitten (he was getting quite large) curled up into her neck and rolled him onto her stomach instead. Cheryl laid still for a minute after that, blinking awake quietly before reaching to the nightstand and picking up the album she’d left there that morning. She flipped it to the page she showed Jarl last night, the one with a clear photo of Jonathon in the park by her parents’ house, looking off seriously for some reason. Her eyes rose to the photo above it, one of her parents together on vacation, holding hands on the beach. It was sunny.

Her eyes shut tightly, and she hugged the album to her chest, fighting back the lump in her throat. She always hated the slight relief she felt knowing her parents were dead, that they weren’t out there, mourning her...that she had no temptation to go see them again, or to think about just how different she was from the daughter they’d known. The image always came to Cheryl like she was on the outside of it, watching a vampire hug oblivious human parents who looked at her and only saw their innocent little girl.

She wondered if she was becoming more like who she used to be, and how much was still what Jonathon shaped her into. A few years ago, she could get dressed up to meet with Ventrue and Tories, she didn’t show it when she was nervous, and she didn’t have to worry about blabbing secrets of any sort.

Then again, she’d never gotten attached to any of those people before. It was hard to trust strangers when all you knew about them was that they were hundreds of years old and could snap you in half like a twig. And she was hardly just another dumb Cammy Gangrel here in Portage. She was still making connections that most wouldn’t, like with Nosh and Ramus, and with people that most wouldn’t approve of, like Major and Adeyna. She was still gathering all sorts of information and successfully keeping it to herself, like Adeyna’s identity, the few things Waif had told her about the dreams, that Major was the one killing Anarchs, Jarl’s necromancy…

She flipped through some more pages, taking a couple photos out and looking at the information on the back, sometimes in her handwriting, sometimes in her mother's.

Spoiler:

She stands at 5'7" with brown hair and eyes, nice curves and good poise, but those are about her only features that don't get altered based on circumstance. Find her on a job and you'll see that she knows how to dress herself up and put on a bright smile. On her own time she's likely to be more casual, if quiet and somewhat guarded, leaving off the makeup and wearing combinations of jeans and tees or tank tops for the most part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:18 pm

He is sleeping longer these last nights, probably the whole healing holes in his body, not that you want to think about that, but it is true, and they are getting smaller, thankfully. Fifteen minutes pass before Ferocious makes a small purr, kneading at Jarl's chest, a sign for sure that he is waking, followed by a low gurgled sound that is so completely human waking from sleep. Mmmfff, cat, not pin cushion an have shower in bit not lick mah nose jah?

Rising carefully still, he half sits up in bed, blinking at you with a bit of a smile, a hint of a concerned look. Cher, you are alright, jah, things on your mind so soon on waking?

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://intotheshadows.forumotion.eu
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:29 pm

She tucked the picture she was looking at back in its pocket, one of her culinary school graduation dinner with that ridiculously large chef hat her dad got her, sitting on her head like a mushroom. She smiled thinly up at Jarl. "Oh, you know. Old family coming to town. It makes me think about all the..."

She struggled to find the right words and sat up next to him, letting the album fall open to her lap. Her thumb traced the corner of a page. "I'm still very...close to everything I had back then. It's fresh, and I didn't have the benefits of...being a ghoul. Forgetting to care about anything else. And Jonathon was like an uncle for longer than he's been my Sire." Cheryl shook her head, no longer sure what point she was trying to make.

She turned with some concern to Jarl. "What about you? All this sleeping is just healing, right? You're not going to torpor anytime soon?" Was that too blunt a manner of asking? The social nuances of talking about torpor still eluded her.

She stands at 5'7" with brown hair and eyes, nice curves and good poise, but those are about her only features that don't get altered based on circumstance. Find her on a job and you'll see that she knows how to dress herself up and put on a bright smile. On her own time she's likely to be more casual, if quiet and somewhat guarded, leaving off the makeup and wearing combinations of jeans and tees or tank tops for the most part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:33 pm

As you speak and half explain, half leave it hanging, he slips his good arm about you, pulling your head to rest on his shoulder as his head rests on yours, a comfortable, safe, cozy position, Ferocious taking the initiative to curl up across both of your laps, or well try to take up as much as he can at the size he is now.

First, jah I sleep, injury, it is bad, things like this can cause torpor while healing, but I eat proper, regular, more then usual to help, it keeps me awake and will be less. Not torpor Cher, it will come in time, but not yet, jah? I promise. A small kiss for the top of your head and a light squeeze. And still young, I do not mean in a bad way Cher, you are young, so much is close, this world is still your world, mine is long dead. It has different pains to face. Jonathon, warned he is coming and you seem to have dread in this too Cher, do you think this will be bad, honestly, you showed me picture and passed on the warning, but what is it that you feel instinctively?

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:44 pm

"Good. I'm counting on you to be around if I need you." She squeezed him back, nuzzling her cheek into his shoulder. Then he came around to the very concern that started all this reminiscing. Cheryl bit her lip. "Instinctively? Well, frankly, being told that him coming here will be a 'test' is not encouraging. I just can't imagine that all he wants to do is talk. If that were true, he could have come last month when I emailed him, after the rest of his emails showed he's been following me anyway, but he's kept his distance instead. What is he waiting for? I almost gave up on waiting for him altogether until Adeyna brought him up, and I can't get it out of my head that there's something he wants."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:07 am

He is silent a moment, clearly thinking as well, before finally asking a question, his voice soft. How old is he you think, jah... and you say he was like uncle, always there jah? Reasons, could be many, but I think perhaps, he has attachment to you...

On being Vampires:

Last edited by Admin on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:11 am

"I'd say very old, but then Adeyna came along and showed me you can have a reputation even if you're only twenty-five. I only met him once I was out of college, but yeah, he was like part of the family. I assumed my father knew him longer than that since they met- he said they met through work, but I never asked." She shifted a little in his arms. "What are you thinking?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:15 am

You can feel his lips twitch against your hair, and first a low murmur. She has only twenty five? Clearly this is news to him as well and he is very, very shocked by it. A pause and then focus to the topic really at hand. Embrace you out of disaster, to save you, to raise you, well wrong by clan, but right by clans who are closer to their childer, who embrace out of obsession, adoration, love, need, desire, I wonder if in watching you grow as child, he became attached to you somehow, or if your family was his, ah... tie to modern world in way, and then he saw embracing you as way to keep you forever, does this make even some sense, us who are old, we think strange at times, age, time, change it affects us.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:25 am

Spoiler:

"You think he's obsessed with me?" Cheryl wanted to sound surprised, but the possibility had crossed her mind before, as unpleasant as it was. She didn't like thinking that someone she cared about and looked up to saw her that way. Maybe she was Jonathon's tie to her family, modern life, but he was most definitely her tie to her family, her former life, her dad.

It was childishly idealistic by this point to think that he would be the same person as when she was still alive, though. She couldn't rely on him to be a keeper of her better memories, especially if he was as messed up in the head as suggested. "Maybe." She pulled away a little and sighed. "How about discussing some things that are less sad and frustrating, at least a little." Changing the subject? Yes, please. "What do I do with what Adeyna told me about the fire, that it was a personal touch on the evening instead of a major trap? If the Nossies are taking my theory seriously but what Adeyna said is true, then I just sent them in a wrong direction. But how do I say I changed my mind without telling them where I came up with new information?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:32 am

Spoiler:

Hummm... He murmurs softly, another kiss on your forehead and a sigh. I think you be honest as you have been, next time you speak to them, you mention also, possibility that it was personal, someone was upset at someone? Jah is not so hard, you have not real answers, you give them paths and they take, Nossies, they like paths and searching, you don't have to give all answers jah, I think Nosh, he seems to like just talking to you?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:40 am

Spoiler:

She smiled a little. "Yeah, he likes to let me ramble on about all my theories and thoughts on different things. Sometimes he still doesn't quite believe I'd rather come hang out with him than do something else, but who else could I babble to? Other than you and Ferocious, of course. Okay, I think I'll do that. Oh hey, have you seen the Crew? Did you ask about Waif and Maggie?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:46 am

Spoiler:

Jah see, is good to have someone to ramble with and Nosferatu are good to have friends with, much better to be friend then enemy. He gives a small chuckle at this then stills. Waif was drunk when I checked in on her, she asked Vince to get her drunk so he obliged, but she was healing more as I left, and sobering up, I cannot say I do not blame her jah, she was in pain. Maggie, she said Vince took her to Chris, as clan sister and Crew-sister, Waif made that choice. I do not know if good or not, but I cannot complain, Waif has more say on Maggie then you or I, jah? He seems uncertain if he is right about this and not sure what you think either of this clan-sister being handed to another clan while she is in torpor, but she and Chris appeared to be tight... right?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:57 am

She glanced at her phone on the nightstand. It wouldn't be too out of place to text Waif and ask how things were going. That could come later, though. Jarl sounded so hesitant about Maggie. Cheryle smiled and bounced toward him, pushing him back down to his pillow. She perched herself up on her elbows with an arm on each side of him. "I'm sure Maggie will be fine. Chris cares about her, maybe like we do for each other. Clan or not won't make a difference in that case." She tweaked Jarl's nose lightly and dipped her head to touch the tip of her nose to his.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:05 am

He tries to keep that slightly pensive look, but there is a crinkle at the edge of his lips and eyes. Like us, jah no, we are trouble enough to have one of, two, two would be horrible, can you imagine? His eyes sparkle a bit as he teases, reaching up with his good arm to pull you in for a kiss, just as Ferocious decides it is his time to really wake up, leaping on to your back. I caught a fly, and a beetle, and my food dish has no food in it, so it is really only a dish now...

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:12 am

Cheryl happily leaned in for the kiss until something jumped on her back. She made a little sound of protest and then started giggling against Jarl's mouth until she had to pull away. "When the kids are up, the grownups are up, huh? And I suppose you prefer food dishes to plain dishes?" Trying to crane her neck around to look at the mewling Ferocious was a futile effort, and she looked back down at Jarl with a little pout at the thought of getting up. "Do you have any plans for tonight? Because I wouldn't mind staying in for a while before I go to work."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:20 am

Yes, much better as a food dish, looks better that way. I put the fly on the table for you and the beetle is on the small table. Jarl gives up and breaks into a low snicker before lifting his head to kiss you again. I have no plans truly, things are well at work, jah not as if I can lift as much now, I spoke to all and said I hurt my back to explain. Good work Ferocious, but really, you can put them all in the bin, we believe you when you tell us what you hunted.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:28 am

"That's one benefit to this, then. I get to keep you at home to myself." Cheryl grinned and gave him another peck, then slowly pushed herself up to encourage Ferocious to jump off her back. "All right, all right. Let's go turn your bowl into a food bowl. Should at least make sure he's taken care of, I suppose. Then maybe I can help you in the shower, make things easier with more hands."

As she climbed out of bed, she grabbed her phone from the nightstand. On her way up the stairs, she texted Waif, 'Hey. You doing okay? Sleeping?'

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:30 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:37 am

Jarl chuckles and makes a small, approving sound at your suggestion, while Ferocious takes a flying leap and is gone, most likely already at his dish, he really has been sprouting these last few days.

Making due, cant see through my arm anymore Smile

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:41 am

Her brows furrowed in confusion. She wasn't sure that she wanted to know what that meant. After scooping some food out for Ferocious, she texted back, 'You thought about getting out of the city for some rest? Maybe even meld somewhere in comfort.' Someone had said something about earth melding in the city becoming too disturbing the closer the Child got to waking, but Cheryl knew that some people found it a very soothing way to sleep.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:50 am

Haven't been thinking, the boys might go ape if all the girls turn up missing.

Ferocious is on the dish like his name, and you need to stop him a moment to breathe, a bit of his early kittenhood still evident when eating, fear that perhaps it will vanish. There is some noise from downstairs, Jarl on his way up, and really save the text and the 'knowing' things are going to happen at some point, its the first normal evening in a while.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:55 am

'Might go ape if all the girls end up with fried brains too. Take care of yourself.'

"Jarl man and me will be here a while, so no worry about food bowl going empty, okay? If you get hungry, you can come get us," she told Ferocious, hoping he wouldn't get hungry again too soon, because she and Jarl had other plans as well.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:57 am

Spoiler:

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:00 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:01 am

You find one person, how much blood?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home: Too Much Thinking   

Back to top Go down

Home: Too Much Thinking
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next