Portage: Descent into Darkness

A WoD RPG based on Vampire the Masquerade V20

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Wednesday, September 24th, 2014. An abnormally cool evening at 10c, the sky is overcast and there is a dampness on the light breeze.

Share | 

Mist: Back to Work

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:54 am

Ah a story for story, that I can share. See of my people, we know there is more then what is seen in the daylight, the mootie, the majiks are about us, the witch doctors are only a part you see, and so often the west, you call us the uncivilized, the uneducated, and yet we are born knowing we are not alone, so see, I knew long, long time the world was a dark place, light place, many things in it. I was a little boy, not yet to my manhood ceremony when I first knew for sure Cheryl, I saw a man who was not a man, winged like the great locusts of my land, and yet he walked, I shall never forget, and so my birth to manhood, my vision quest, as you would know it, I saw not the beasts of the field or air, but the beast of men. Now, now for many years and more to come, I seek and learn, so much to learn and know, to find that bit that morsel of what must be known and kept, to pass on and teach, that is my lot. His voice is soft as he speaks, that heavy, but still clear accent, African for certain even without seeing his skin colour as he relaxes, passing on to you his own story of first knowledge.

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://intotheshadows.forumotion.eu
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:06 am

Cheryl listened and watched him with wide, attentive eyes. Mbeki's story sounded so similar to Jarl's story from his Kine days that it was all the more fascinating. Once she was sure that he was done speaking, she commented thoughtfully, "You know, I know someone else who told me almost the exact same story about his own people - having sight and going on a vision quest, and from a very different part of the world, too. But, ah, his story isn't mine to tell." She smiled apologetically.

She stands at 5'7" with brown hair and eyes, nice curves and good poise, but those are about her only features that don't get altered based on circumstance. Find her on a job and you'll see that she knows how to dress herself up and put on a bright smile. On her own time she's likely to be more casual, if quiet and somewhat guarded, leaving off the makeup and wearing combinations of jeans and tees or tank tops for the most part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:13 am

He nods slightly, tilting his head to watch you while Ramus gets a bit of a look like now he is trying to figure out what and who you mean. Time before modern, it is said that the gifts and learnings of a greater world were more readily accepted even in the west, it is in modern society and technology that somehow man has forgot that we are not alone.

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:18 am

"Unless you count alien, Bigfoot, and Loch Ness Monster hunters. Maybe the problem is that everyone's just forgotten where to look." She shrugged and drank more of her tea without acknowledging Ramus' curiosity.

She stands at 5'7" with brown hair and eyes, nice curves and good poise, but those are about her only features that don't get altered based on circumstance. Find her on a job and you'll see that she knows how to dress herself up and put on a bright smile. On her own time she's likely to be more casual, if quiet and somewhat guarded, leaving off the makeup and wearing combinations of jeans and tees or tank tops for the most part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:33 am

Forgotten or wish not to, is it not true that ignorance for some is bliss? He shudders slightly at the word ignorance, as if that word alone is something horrible to consider.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:40 am

She smiled into the teacup. For all that Mbeki and Ramus were great company and didn't want to make her dwell on Jonathon, it was hard not to see parallels between this scholar and her sire. And Jarl. And Nosh. It was a bit surreal, really. "Yeah, but...I don't know. Sometimes it's not just willful ignorance. Sometimes people just don't have the right tools and don't know where to find them, or they don't even know that they don't have the right tools. That's what I think anyway, but after my own experiences, I tend to have faith in people's adaptability. After all, even if people say they don't want to, we're all built for learning, right?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:05 pm

Mmm yes Cheryl, you have a truth there, but not all are set to adapt nor wish to learn, and some wish learning more then others, some, some they prefer to be silent and blind to the world, it makes them feel safe, such is those who do as told, obey the rules with no questions, even when the rules are such that you and I know are foolish. I must ask though Cheryl, I do not know that this is the place I might settle to learn or not, this European, this Western world is so strange, but it is my ancestral way to do so, but if so and to stay I feel, would you grace a wandering man with more tales? He smiles softly, those shiny white teeth, so out of place in a way, his whole being is of another tradition, another place trying to fit into this world here.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:18 pm

He was so charismatic that he was almost cheeky, offering such smooth flattery as though she and her fascinating untold stories could be the deciding factor in his stay. She narrowed her eyes at him but smiled all the same, like silently saying that she knew he knew how to be a charmer. Cheryl could see why he and Ramus got along, from their charm and shared love of stories and travel to the both of them being outsiders in one way or another. "Sure. I guess I have some more tales, even if they're not the grandest. What else would you like to know?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:26 am

His eyes light up, truly delighted it seems that you have agreed to such, a new level of animated attention as he leans forward. This night grows later for such as myself, but stories that you wish to tell Cheryl of Portage, I learn from what you wish to teach me.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:32 pm

"Of Portage? Well then, there's certainly enough interesting things about this place." Cheryl drained the rest of her tea and leaned back into her cushions, as comfortable as she was in Skunk's tunnel room. "There are children here, a little city of children that few know about, even though they know all about Portage. They watch and they scavenge. They're incredibly smart and creative, and they keep themselves well hidden so adults won't drag them out from their secret world into ours. When they grow up..." She tapped a finger against her empty cup and twisted her mouth. "Keeping themselves a secret means that they don't get a lot of choices."

That ended on a sadder note than she'd intended, but she had an idea of how to pick things back up. [color=white]"The harbour has a guardian, you know, who likes stories almost as much as you do, though he doesn't travel to find them, and most of what he hears comes from his rats. Sometimes the Watchers go to the docks to find food, and they know they can trust the strange rats there to lead them away from any trouble they run into."

So far, she'd managed to think of things other than the fire and all their Kindred problems. Now that she was blanking on lighter topics that might be interesting, she decided that warning him about what else he might find in Portage would be a good idea. "There's something sleeping under the city. We don't know where or even what, but we've been calling him the Child, the Brat. He's dangerous, and for whatever reason, he's waking up. The city might not be so pleasant for long." Mbeki said he could stay in Portage for a while longer, and Cheryl worried about what might happen if he decided to do so. He was a good enough guy that she'd hate to think he finally found a place in the West he sort of liked only to get hurt or run out by danger.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:56 am

He listens, so intently, and each word seems to be drawing him deeper into some sort of spell that you weave with your words. Ah... Soft murmurs to each statement, that light growing in his eyes as he stops even blinking, as if somehow in blinking he might miss something. At the end he lets out a long, soft breath of a sigh. Yes, yes this Western world has much to hold, my people say not, but I feel they have missed that while the people have forsaken the mystery of the Earth, she has not forsaken them, no... ah... yes Cheryl, is a place for to stay and learn, but for now, ah much to do to settle in, it is not impertinent to seek you at your place of employment another night?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:16 pm

Cheryl wasn't that good a storyteller, so she wondered if that was part of the abilities that he mentioned, seeing into people through the tales they told. The odd attention was flattering, anyway, especially after her storytelling failures at the Gather, where it had also mattered.

She smiled and nodded. "Sure. I work the same shift most nights, except Sundays and Mondays. You can come in anytime."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:39 pm

Your hospitality shall not go unnoticed Cheryl-of-Portage. He smiles, this time the location is added to your name as if a part of you, familiar to how in the old days, or the natives how they might name a person. I shall part my ways this time now, may the Earth hold you, shield you and guide your steps, may She whisper sweetness into your dreams and strength into your limbs. And with that benediction of a sort, that fell so rapidly it reminds you of the Catholic church and religious blessings, he rises, a bow to both you and Ramus and moves away, again that slight unfocused nature as soon as he leaves the area near you.

Ramus gives a small chuckle and nods. I knew you wouldn't let me down Cherry-berry.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:53 pm

"Good night," she said in return, since she couldn't retain such a long farewell in time to repeat it back to him. She sent a sideways glance at Ramus. "Cherry berry? My nickname just gets better and better. Someone else used that one, too." Cheryl wrinkled her nose slightly, but then shook her head and waved it off. "Your friend is nice."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:56 pm

They did, damn it, I thought I could be the first, convince you of my undying love and ride off into the sunset... He winks, very clearly aware that he is being utterly ridiculous, but there is that hint, you half think, if you said yes, he would take you up on it. And nice, mmm I don't know that he is a friend, I think perhaps the suave bugger is using me, but damn it, you don't know how I can't refuse something that is unique and unusual and I've never seen before, I swear the sneaky bugger knows it too, he is just so damn earnest...

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:01 pm

Cheryl laughed and decided not to dwell on that hint on what he may have meant at the beginning. "And I'm sure you know nothing about being suave to get your way. Anyway, isn't earnestness why you thought of me to introduce to him? Maybe we all secretly have you entirely figured out," she teased.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:04 pm

Damn it woman, I am supposed to he a horrible rogue, ever causing shit, trouble and being banned from everywhere unofficially, though they would never dare tell me that cause then they know the whole clan would descend and cause shit, heck I think the Prince here actually likes me, means only one of us is in town, heyyyy that bugger, I bet that is it, being all nice, makes me behave, damn it, that's it, I gotta get my tough image back...

You can't quite tell if he is joking or not, and to be honest you are pretty sure he isn't sure either way either as he sits back and does look a bit confused about things. So... Jonathon, he is gonna be pissed at me... Do you think he will slice me into bits before or after he rages... I wonder how he likes seeing spiders everywhere, ooooo you know him, what scares him, huh, what's his biggest phobia?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:15 pm

Her brow furrowed as she watched him work through the matter in a way that seemed unusually open for him. There were no cryptic remarks or sly cheshire grins, just puzzlement. It seemed like he trusted her more than before, at least enough to relax his "tough image" around her. "Oh, yes, very tough." She nodded solemnly, wondering how long he could keep the straight face.

Then it came back around to Jonathon, and Cheryl nodded to herself and leaned back again into the cushions. The whole affair in the alley had been so strange and abrupt that it was easy to push away while Mbeki and Ramus kept her distracted enough to calm her down. But it had happened, and she'd have to deal with it again once she left this little pillow fort of theirs.

"I don't think spiders would be what bothers him, since he could just as easily call them off. I honestly don't know what he'll do." She stared at the table a moment, her words for more than just Ramus. "What happened, exactly? When you met him, did he ask about me specifically? I mean, how annoyed he'll be probably depends on how much you strung him along before dropping that no, you couldn't place any Cheryls."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:21 pm

Yes but Cheryl, my spiders are not the ones you can control... His voice gets soft and very serious. I am a master of illusion and trickery, it is part of why your line hates mine, we stole our lineage from you they say... His voice is low as he gives you perhaps more of an explanation than any ever have. I don't really know, I called you Cherry for a reason, its a date Cheryl, he knows I knew now, but he can't prove anything to accuse me, nor would dare to, no one wants to be targeted by my line, we can be worse then the Malks. He sought out information, I suppressed it, from other sources as well, why, cause I can, cause I like fucking around with the heads of others and cause you accepted my gift, even unknowning, wearing that is a wise thing, it marks you clan sister, you may find it comes in hand even if it is just not being tormented by crushing visions and hallucinations, never knowing what you escaped, or more...

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:33 pm

Cheryl didn't say anything while he spoke, feeling very touched by everything he was now sharing with her so openly, especially with the implication that he could have done much worse before. She'd never thought of Ramus as being particularly threatening - dangerous, yes, but not in the kind of way that made people cower considering how almost everyone freely resented the clan. Now she could see why, and she was much more grateful for what she'd thought of before as small gestures.

"...Thank you," she said quietly. There was nothing else she really could say. Well, maybe one thing. "Jonathon didn't give me a very traditional upbringing, so I don't have it in my head to like or hate specific people. It may piss him off even more to hear that it's ultimately his own fault I was nice enough to you that you returned the favor."

Cheryl shrugged with a bit of a self-conscious smile. [color=white]"Thank you, again, for everything. I'm sorry if Jonathon gives you any trouble for it."[/color

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:36 pm

He sits silent a moment then begins to laugh softly, growing into a deep, rolling laugh. Oh girl, you got me, that is the best prank ever, for... ah, that is delightful, oh Cheryl, you just pulled the best one over me, and I don't mind at all, considering you are a shaggy puppy, I think your a pretty good one, even knowing and learning new shit about the world about you, your still... you, that bugger better watch himself, Jarl is dangerous enough here, me... I'm everywhere.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:40 pm

"I didn't mean to pull anything." It was true, though she still felt a silly sort of happiness at his contagious laughter, and the kind of warmth that came from hearing that she was appreciating for, frankly, being herself. That was something she'd thought impossible before coming to this city, but here she just kept finding friends.

What Ramus said at the end caught her attention, though, and brought her back to the present. [coor=white]"Jarl?"[/color]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:49 pm

((Gosh dang it, I keep messing up the color code! Grr!))

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:06 pm

Mmm you don't think Jarl is dangerous? He tilts his head a bit, a hint of a clearly amused smile. Cheryl, Cheryl you see the surface and then I think you look at the soul, girl I think someone has to give you a dose of Auspex sometime, but yeah, Jarl... I dunno, your sire got some odd chip on his shoulder, just remember what I said, girl you carry the mark of a clan sister, wear that all times, you got no idea where my folk are, we don't always show ourselves. Now do you need me to walk you part way home hmm? Not that you'll say yes and give away your lil hidey hole, but a gentleman has to ask, and heck tonight I feel a bit like a gentleman, tomorrow I will be better, I swear, I will be a rogue and irrepressible, just need a good day sleep, I must have a touch of something.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:22 pm

"Oh, I know that part. Or, at least, I get the impression of it. I haven't seen him angry enough to show it yet, but...nevermind." She expected Ramus to call her and Jarl out the way Waif did, and was thinking to herself how awful they were at this whole keeping a secret relationship thing. It seemed, however, that he didn't know quite that much. If he did, she wasn't about to ask.

Cheryl pillowed her cheek in the palm of her hand and smiled as Ramus went on about being a gentleman - and not being a gentleman. Trickster and actor that he was, he could have unintentionally cute moments, too. "Well then, how can I not take advantage of such a rare opportunity? My car is back at the club. You can walk me that far if you like. Then again, I don't know if Jonathon might still be lurking around." He'd already come to her rescue once at the cost of Jonathon's good graces. She wouldn't put him in a position to face the man again in same night.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mist: Back to Work   

Back to top Go down

Mist: Back to Work
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next