Portage: Descent into Darkness

A WoD RPG based on Vampire the Masquerade V20

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Wednesday, September 24th, 2014. An abnormally cool evening at 10c, the sky is overcast and there is a dampness on the light breeze.

Share | 

Home: Haven

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Home: Haven   Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:55 pm

Cheryl turned off the car engine and hit the garage remote so the doors would close behind her. Then she slouched in her seat and closed her eyes. She was far too paranoid about Jonathon when he probably didn't have any dangerous or grand plans in mind besides coercing her into going back with him. Giving away the house's location was more than she was willing to risk, though, and so she spent an extra couple minutes tonight taking a meandering path through the neighborhood, to make sure that no car was following hers.

Opening her eyes again, she grabbed her things and got out of the car. "Jarl?" she called upon the door to the house.

She stands at 5'7" with brown hair and eyes, nice curves and good poise, but those are about her only features that don't get altered based on circumstance. Find her on a job and you'll see that she knows how to dress herself up and put on a bright smile. On her own time she's likely to be more casual, if quiet and somewhat guarded, leaving off the makeup and wearing combinations of jeans and tees or tank tops for the most part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:08 pm

Jah? His voice is light, a soft sound of what might be him sanding something by hand, and he seems to be in the kitchen, oh if he is sanding something that dust will be annoying to clean up, but then he probably didn't think about kitchen, food... dust. Is in here, Ferocious is hunting cricket I found, I not tell him I brought it in.

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://intotheshadows.forumotion.eu
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:14 pm

A small smile lit her face, and her shoulders dropped as she finally relaxed again. She followed Jarl's voice and dropped her things off along the way. "Hey. Can you take a break from your project for a hug?" Sawdust or not, she wanted a hug right about then.

She stands at 5'7" with brown hair and eyes, nice curves and good poise, but those are about her only features that don't get altered based on circumstance. Find her on a job and you'll see that she knows how to dress herself up and put on a bright smile. On her own time she's likely to be more casual, if quiet and somewhat guarded, leaving off the makeup and wearing combinations of jeans and tees or tank tops for the most part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:20 pm

He looks up as you come in, and from the bits, it looks like the start of some sort of tower/play-thing/building for Ferocious, sand paper down and brushing himself off, he gives a light laugh as he pulls you in for a dusty hug. Jah, I suppose this once I can give hug... Has been a long night at work Cher?

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:24 pm

She didn't answer immediately, just pulled herself close to him and enjoyed the feeling. Lifting her heels off the ground, she took the time for a slow kiss as well before returning to the hug. "Work was fine; it was what came after. Jonathon was waiting for me to get off my shift."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:26 pm

He stiffens at the last statement, his grip tighter, protective as you can feel the muscles in his arms and chest ripple, tense, ease and then a soft, low sigh. Jah, he was there, you are alright? He left you alone? You are not hurt... The last a half statement, half question as he continues his embrace, his cheek pressed against the top of your head.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:30 pm

"I'm fine. He didn't try anything except talking. Well, as much of a talk as it was. It was more a confusing mix of nostalgia, meaningful discussion, childish bickering, and…overall awkwardness." She held him a little tighter, predicting that he might like what she had to say next even less. "Ramus showed up with a friend, then, and helped get me out of there - and I know how you feel about him, but he bailed me out of being ambushed by my sire and pissed Jonathon off by doing it, so please give him a pass this one time."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:34 pm

A little more tense perhaps and then a long, deep sigh. Ramus is dangerous Cher, in ways you not seen before... ah but he help, I do not know why, has always many reasons... Jonathon, he is go now? Resigned, he seems resigned at the moment, sad perhaps as he lets you go a little, one hand moving to lift your chin that he can look at you now.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:44 pm

"I don't think he's gone. He said goodbye by way of saying we'd talk more later, so I'll probably see him again. Hey, I'm alright. Really. It freaked me out, but nothing happened." She raised a hand to his cheek, caressing her thumb over it. "You're dangerous too, you know. I think he helped me just because...I treat him pretty well. He was telling the truth, by the way, when he said that he met Jonathon and lied about not knowing where I am that one time. It's why Jonathon was so mad at him. And he came by the club tonight to introduce me to someone."

She hoped that telling Jarl the better part of her night would help reassure him instead of making things worse. "His name is Mbeki, he's a Kine, I think, but he has his own abilities. Kind of like you, except instead of seeing the dead, he sees...the beast in all people, he said. He's from Africa, and he's traveling the world just to hear stories and learn about people. Ramus thought I'd make a nice welcoming committee to Portage."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:01 am

Introduce? His eyes stay on yours, though his expression wavers between concern, annoyance, a glimmer of anger and protectiveness and a myriad of others. Africa... He whispers the word softly, his eyes narrowing and a preditorial gleam coming over them. Ramus introduced you, new... Africa, Kine... who see beast? Cher, Cher what you know of Africa and Kindred? Is you have sure is Kine?The last is spoken more hurried, his arms tensing slightly.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:05 am

Well, that didn't help at all. "I didn't ask directly, but he ordered food at the club and talked about the village he comes from. He had some strange characteristics, though. He...he was very polite and kind the entire time." This wasn't a good idea, and now Cheryl was caught once more between Jarl's experience that told him one thing, possibly colored by stereotypes, and her intuition that told her another, possibly colored by how trusting she was.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:11 am

Kine involved with Kindred is strange, and we Kindred can eat too Cher, please you not look at him to sense if Kindred or Kine for sure, breathing? Small things? Concern, he is concerned and a little confused, or so it seems based on what you know of Jarl. And he with Ramus, friend of?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:16 am

"I didn't check for breathing..." And now she felt foolish for not thinking to just ask the man or look for little signs like that. It hadn't honestly seemed all that important since she got the feeling that he wouldn't be too welcome in Portage either way, especially for associating with Ramus. "They were very comfortable with each other, joking around. Jarl, why are you so worried?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:19 am

Ah... ah... It is a half croon as he shakes his head and draws you in close again. Ramus is trickster, his clan is lies, deception, thievery, Africa holds many strange things of Kindred and Kine ways too, strange he bring one to you, why, makes me think and have thought to why. If Kine, is danger of magic, mage, if Kindred... Ebony Kindom, is as called, I know little, but they is like and not like us, so many things about you Cher, I not know I can protect you, what if fail?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:34 am

"Oh, Jarl..." She sighed into his shoulder and rubbed his back. "I know that I'm young and probably dumb amounts of trusting, but I do listen to my instincts if I feel at all uneasy about someone. I didn't feel any danger from Mbeki, partly because Ramus was the one who brought him. I don't know your history with his clan, and I'm sorry about whatever it was that happened, but more than once now he's really helped me out, even if it meant getting himself in trouble.

"I promise to try to be as careful as I can, but I have to explore Kindred life my own way, whether you want to say it's with fresh eyes or naive eyes. I'm not running anymore, and I'm not accepting whatever my sire wants to teach me. I get to learn everything for myself now."
Cheryl closed her eyes, debating with herself about revealing yet one more aspect of the night that she saw as good and yet Jarl may freak out over. "You know the belt buckle that Ramus gave me? He said that it marks me as a clan sister. Ravnos who see it will avoid messing with me, and may even help me if I find myself in trouble."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:38 am

He is silent for far too long before a soft, low sigh, squeezing you again. I no want you mad at me. Cher, I no want you hurt either, so many things, I not know what to do now. Jonathon, he come back for you, what happen then? Ramus and ah, I don't know what do. He sounds bewildered, lost and bewildered as he holds you close to his chest, his face half buried in your hair.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:48 am

Now she just felt terrible. She'd decided before getting home that she didn't want to lie to Jarl about who she saw and what happened in her nights just because he didn't like the people involved, like she was going behind his back to hang out with those he thought of as enemies. She just didn't expect everything that happened to come across as bad news to him.

She leaned back and pulled him down for another kiss, almost desperate to get her emotions across through the gesture if she couldn't get it across with words. "I'm not mad at you. I love you. I love that you care about what happens to me, and I'm sorry. I don't go looking for trouble, and I don't stick around if I think it might be trouble. I only ran off once tonight, and that was from Jonathon." She tugged his arms, trying to pull him to the living room. "Come sit down with me. Please."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:50 am

He still looks bewildered, a little lost as he allows you to bring him over to the sofa, his fingers wrapped tightly through yours. I want you safe Cher, if happened to you, bad things, not good. His English is rapidly de-volving as he sinks into the sofa, drawing you close to him as if to somehow wrap you up and keep you safe.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:01 am

She swung her legs over his knees when he sat down, half in his lap that way and even closer when he pulled her in. "I know...I know. Look, about Jonathon, I...I think what he wants is to take me back again, but that's something we can deal with if he tries anything besides talking. I'm more ready to deal with it your way, then. As for Mbeki...why don't you come meet him? He said he'd like to come to Mist again sometime, to talk some more."

That would probably go as well as telling Jarl all about her night, but she wanted to give him peace of mind. The possibility, slim as it might be, that he might even get along with Mbeki also gave her some cautious optimism. "He told me that what he wants to learn about people, and if that's true and he means no harm, then he shouldn't have a problem meeting another civil and friendly member of Portage, right? He can get more stories, and you can see that I'm perfectly alright."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:04 am

He keeps his face buried more in your hair then looking at you now, a low, throaty growl. He no take, keep you safe, he no take or is... The growled words trail off into a low grr as he squeezes you again. I meet this Mbeki, see, talk, tell story maybe of what I think of America when come, is good story jah? He is trying, you can tell that, even with a clearly very dangerous, wary anger toward Jonathon, he is trying.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:14 am

"He won't take me." She stroked her fingers through his hair, trying to soothe him, a little bit pleased and turned on by his sudden protectiveness. She felt even more pleased at his acquiescence to meet Mbeki and turned her head enough to plant a kiss on the edge of his ear. "Yes. I'd like to hear that story, too. And if you're at the club, you can make sure Jonathon doesn't ambush me again, too."

Cheryl closed her eyes, frowning very slightly. "Jarl, I know I'm being paranoid about him, but I really don't know what he intends to do, and I'm willing to at least talk to him some more, okay? To at least try to make him see that I intend to stay here. So please, don't do anything that's...uncalled for. He may not want a fight, and...I don't anyone to get hurt who doesn't have to." He was still her sire. Her uncle. Tonight went badly, but she at least owed the man a talk.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:16 am

He shivers slightly at the little kiss, but then drops his head, embarrassed or ashamed as you go on. I not start Cher, I not, but if he tries harm, is not going to stand by Cher, jah not stand by...

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:25 am

"Thank you. For both of those things." Cheryl lifted his head with a hand, wanting him to see her smile. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders loosely and leaned her forehead against his. "What happens tomorrow happens, jah? For now I'm right here, with you, and everything's fine. Now, I've given you about as much stress as I felt tonight without meaning to, and I think you should come downstairs with me so we can remedy that." She lifted her fingers from his shirt and felt the powdery sawdust that clung to the fabric. "Though after I help you wash off all this dust."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:27 am

A hint of a sheepish grin and then if he was still 'living' you are completely sure he would be blushing as you create a dust cloud out of his shirt. Shower is good too jah? A murmur, a bit of a bigger smile and that sparkle returning to his expression.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Cheryl Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:31 am

She grinned back at him and left a peck on his lips, then got up and held out her hand for his. "Good."

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home: Haven   Today at 10:15 am

Back to top Go down

Home: Haven
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next