Portage: Descent into Darkness

A WoD RPG based on Vampire the Masquerade V20

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Wednesday, September 24th, 2014. An abnormally cool evening at 10c, the sky is overcast and there is a dampness on the light breeze.

Share | 

Phoenix: Storm Rising

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Fri May 08, 2015 8:19 pm

Your phone rings, the jangled tone waking you from what had been an odd sleep, no, not odd, strange, disjointed, as if you were remembering something, only to have the memory snatched away as the tone of the phone on the wall seizes you, wakes you and brings you into a haze where you are not entirely sure you are awake.

A woman, you remember a woman, calling softly in the dark, glittering, icy eyes, and a man, his stance dangerous, wild, a thug but so much more, something alien, human, a monster in the dark, and she was calling your name.

But that was it, of all the images that had flooded in your mind, grasping you so tightly, that sleep had clung on so much longer then it should have, that was all you could remember.

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://intotheshadows.forumotion.eu

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Tue May 12, 2015 10:19 pm

I try to blink the sleep from my eyes, rubbing them when that was not sufficient. That dream again. It had been occurring occasionally throughout the month, but now it was coming to me twice just this last week.

I tried hard to remember what I had done to get back into my bed that night. I thought hard to try to remember. School. I skipped it. I remember that. What was I wearing? No that wasn't important.... Where did I go? I probably hit the scene. That sounds more like me, picking socialization over school after a year or so of perfect attendance. Where then? That's where it stops. Drinking? I must have drank, how else explain my lapse in memory? But normally I don't let myself go that much. Must have been some good alcohol. Too bad I don't remember what it was called,or I might get myself some for those nights I have trouble sleeping.

This is what had plagued me for the last few weeks. I was over it mostly, life had gone back to normal and I had been told to 'not let my bad behavior occur too often' the day after that.

My voice gives life to the emotion my muscles feel as I force myself to move and fumble for my phone. As much as I enjoy listening to Plumb, the airy music did little but remind me that someone was trying to contact me. I look at the phone, not really registering a name or number of the contact, or even the time of night, but I open my phone and try not to sound too tired as I answer, "hello?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Thu May 14, 2015 10:45 am

Pheonix... Phe, girl are you awake? I just got the keyword for that new club downtown, are you free this weekend? Your brain is still waking all the way, but the voice of a very excited Sarah is hard to miss, a pretty good friend, almost as driven as you to excell, with a bit of a party side from time to time.

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Thu May 14, 2015 9:41 pm

"Ah Sarah," I say and smile, still trying not to yawn. Club? What club? Surely there was a club but which one was she talking about specifically? I strain to remember but then mentally shake it away. Any club really, I was up for trying something new, "yeah I'm free."

Nothing but books to keep my company on the weekends anyway. How did that saying go, no work and all play yadda yadda something about a dull knife or something? It was way too early for me to be thinking straight anyway.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Tue May 19, 2015 9:34 am

Whaaaaa so cool, Saturday at seven, I'll get you and cab down and oh so going to be so awesome. And with that she is gone, the dial tone greeting you as you slowly come more awake. Books, yep, some presentations today, well only one for you and then the others in the class, might as well get on with the day. As much as waking up was jangling when it happens at the end of a phone ringing, you do have things to do and now, something interesting, even if a bit odd to look forward to.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Wed May 20, 2015 11:31 pm

Saturday at seven. I was going to try very hard to remember that in my half-awake state. As I blink away more sleep I recall what my fate was for this evening. A presentation in front of the class. Good thing I'm not stage-shy, my father made sure of that. I'm not worried, I had ample time to prepare and I had made good use of my time, even against the nagging feeling I couldn't get rid of, and still had to this morning. Nagging like I was forgetting something important, oh well. It's back to regular scheduled life for me.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Sun May 24, 2015 7:48 pm

Classes are pretty standard, breaks, studying, papers and some time in the library, its a pretty normal day for you.
Spoiler:

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Thu May 28, 2015 5:14 pm

School is usual this time of day. I prefer the night classes; there were less people, which meant less noise and more personal relations work my teachers. Though I do miss being with a bunch of people, I do agree it's a better learning environment. I go through my classes easily, going through my Genetic Science class and giving my presentation on RNA proteins and their involvement in the replication stage during DNA mitosis. I do fairly well, but I figured I would, I did my research and studying like a good girl.

Back in the apartment I am greeted by my bouncy chinchilla ready to be fed. My night owl lifestyle meant that I would need a pet with a similar sleep cycle. It was between a cat, a chinchilla and a sugar glider. I almost had gone with the cat, but found that a chinchilla would love me more.

The one greeting me now was Romeo, his brother Julius somewhere else. When I had bought them, the store told me they had once been separated, but Romeo became aggressive and Julius stopped eating and became sick. When Romeo was returned, they went back to normal.

I couldn't buy just one with a story like that, it hurt my pocket, but I got them both together. I had named them Romeo and Juliet, until the helpful store last informed me they were both male.

I set down my backpack and go to the kitchen in my little studio apartment. I get the food down and poor some in a bowl. Julius comes out of hiding to eat, and I make sure to give each of them a raison as a treat.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Thu May 28, 2015 6:52 pm

They are very pleased to see you, more so once the food is out, in which case both bound over eagerly to get their treat as well as their meal. With the stress, the work, the foolishness of classmates and generally the every day routine at times being a drag, seeing the two of them bound about happily, and include you in their joy, is a breath of fresh air.

There had been something odd tonight though, out of the norm. As you were coming home, again you swore you saw a figure, a man, you are positive it was a man, in a long coat, standing in the trees, watching you, and yet, when you had turned to focus, well glare, there was nothing there. A nagging whisper at the back of your mind, where you starting to let stress get to you? First odd dreams, seeing people there, you have heard about how overdoing things can make ones mind... weak.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Fri May 29, 2015 1:50 pm

I watch my little furballs eat happily and move to get myself something to eat for dinner. The sun would no doubt be rising soon which gave me little time to work on any of my future projects or study. I'm distracted by my thoughts to my strange walk home that night. Shadows playing tricks on me no doubt, I had been staying up late to make sure everything was perfect for my presentation. Now that it was over, maybe I could get away with a night of rest.

I nod to myself. Yeah, I'll watch a movie or something. Read a book maybe. There was no one there to play a game with, unless it's a videogame, but I didn't feel like playing something alone. I decide to watch a movie, pouring myself a bowl of cereal and going to my small collection to see what seems good. Naturally anyone looking at my selection of choices would think I was some kind of goth, and they wouldn't be entirely incorrect.

I decide to watch Dracula, Gary Oldman being one of my favorite portrayals of the character, and mostly because of the mustache. Sure the movie had been out for eight years, but I hadn't seen it in a while. I pop it in and sit on my couch, which was also my bed, and start to eat my Pops.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:21 pm

A little more then halfway through, you swear a moment you hear a laugh, a snort of derision at the movie, save you know you are alone... The boys are curled up, snuggling you at the moment, you knownthe door is locked, the windows closed, amd yet you swear you had heard something, hadn't you?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:13 pm

I jump, not because the movie was scary, know, in fact the part I was watching was relatively tame compared to the rest of it, silly as some of it was. But I had heard someone laugh. No, that's wasn't possible, there couldn't have been someone in my apartment right? where could they hide? The bed was flush with the ground, the pantry was full and unless the person had dwarfism they couldn't have fit in the cabinets. The bathroom? I hadn't checked or been in the bathroom yet. I feel a little chill down my back that I was not 100% sure someone was not in the apartment with me. And though this was home to the happiest place on earth, it was far from safe.

Slightly nervous, I take the only weapon I have available to me, the spoon from my empty bowl. I'm not sure what I can do with a spoon, though a hilarious thought of carving a heart out echoed to me from a movie I had not seen in forever. I try to not disturb the chinchillas as I slide from the bed and approach the bathroom, which looked darker than usual, pitch black, it could hide anything in there. I keep myself as calm as possible, slowly approaching the door. I slide my hand into the darkness and feel for the light switch. I can hear my heart pounding in my ear as I flick he switch.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:35 pm

The light floods the room in a wave of gold, glaring in your eyes, and there... Movement, a... Your reflection in thenfull length mirror on the far wall, revealing a young woman, pale, wide eyed and clutching a spoon much like a dagger. Aside from you, and yourself, the room is empty, simply empty. A cool breeze tossles your hair as you stand there... Yet you have no widows open, and then it is still, save the sounds of the tv, rumbling through the apartment.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:10 pm

I jump a little when I see the form in front of me, then freeze, and laugh at my reflection. I look ridiculous with spoon in hand. Then I feel a breeze and I freeze again, turning slowly to look. There is nothing save for the boys on the bed, awake now because I moved. Great, I think to myself, my room is haunted, and the ghost decided just now to start haunting. A lot of good a spoon was going to do me in this case. I think back to my mother and recall what she said I needed to do to get rid of ghosts. Burn white sage or throw salt at it. Well I had no white sage, but I have iodized salt in my kitchen. I go there now to get the salt, hoping the fact that it is iodized and not 'natural' won't make a difference in banishing a ghost. I toss the spoon on the counter as I enter the kitchen and get the salt from the pantry, turn, and wait for the ghost to make its presence known again so I know where to throw the salt.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:49 pm

You stand there in the room, the boys are hopping about, curious as to what you are doing, nosing t your leg then bouncing off again to look for a toy.

Roll Perception+Awareness

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:56 pm

The boys are acting fine, they wouldn't be if there was a ghost would they? Maybe there was nothing to worry about....

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:56 pm

The member 'Phoenix Driscoll' has done the following action : Dices roll

'D10' : 8, 8, 5, 5
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:58 pm

Animals are supposed to be more sensitive to ghosts, or well dogs and cats, did that extend to chinchillas? As you scan the room, you swear, for a moment, something, someone brushes your hand, the one with the salt, and then, your room is your own. You don't know how to explain it if someone was to ask, but suddenly it feels like home, your place, your castle and you are alone, but then how do you know this, and how do you know you were not alone before, or was, or... what... the... heck?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:15 pm

Something touched me, and then it was gone, entirely utterly gone. I blinked in confusion and looked around, but whatever it had been, it was gone. Officially a little weirded out I put the salt back. Maybe I should call my brother to perform an exorcism. Maybe not. I was probably just tired. I nod to myself. All those nights staying up late to get ready for the presentation had caught up with me.

I look outside the window and see that the sky hasn't even begun lightening yet, but I was going to turn in early. Yeah, sleep is what I needed. I shut the pantry door and make sure to put the spoon and bowl in the sink. Dracula wasn't done but I shut off the movie anyway and crawl under the covers of my bed. Pulling the blanket up to my chin, I give a last look around to see if anything moves, then force my eyes to shut and begin to count myself to sleep.

One, two, three. Three vampires ah ah ah.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:29 pm

Sleep comes quickly, and somewhat dreamless, you wake several hours later, pretty well rested and ready for the rest of your day.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:07 am

I wake up , groggy but normal feeling. After the initial fogginess of sleep fades away I look around for anything strange, just in case. The apartment was a little lighter than it should be, but I did go to sleep early, so naturally I would awaken early when the sun was still out and about. Humming to myself I draw up my legs and wrap my arms around my knees, resting my chin on them.

Whatever that was, imagination or specter, it seemed to be gone. Oh well, life goes on. I smiled and slip out of bed, getting dressed in my usual corset and jeans, grateful for the lax dress-code of colleges else I would be going in pajamas. I really don't usually buy into any other styles.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:21 pm

Your place seems very much your own, no presence or anything strange like that, until you enter the kitchen, and on the table is a single red rose, laying across the middle, innocently waiting for you.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:23 pm

I look at the rose on the counter and shift my eyes around the studio apartment without moving my head. No one is here, I can feel it, and no one was there last night. The door was locked. Then... How?

I pick up the rose and look at it closely. A ghost wouldn't do this. Couldn't, right? What kind of ghost can materialize a rose from out of thin air? Still entirely unsure of what's going on, I take a tall glass from the cupboard and slip the stem in with some water from the tap and some sugar.

I set the rose down on the counter in its new container and stare at it like I'm interrogating it, hands braced apart on the edge of the counter. This could only have been done by a person, but the only other person who had a key to the apartment was the landlady. Why would she leave me a rose? She wouldn't, nice as she was.

Unless the pepetrator came through the window. I glare at the curtains and walk around the counter to check the lock on the window.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:38 am

The window was not locked... not locked. That wasn't like you, was it?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:00 pm

I frown at myself for my oversight. Especially in this city, that is a terrible thing to forget. I lock the window and try to remember if I had done so last night. No matter how hard I think, I can't recall if I had or not. I was fairly hasty in trying to get to bed so I must have forgotten to lock it.

I glance back at the rose on the counter. It could have been much worse.

Shaking myself physically to get rid if those thoughts, I grab my clothes and get ready for another day at school, today though, I dress in the bathroom, and lock the door.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   

Back to top Go down

Phoenix: Storm Rising
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next