Portage: Descent into Darkness

A WoD RPG based on Vampire the Masquerade V20

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Wednesday, September 24th, 2014. An abnormally cool evening at 10c, the sky is overcast and there is a dampness on the light breeze.

Share | 

Phoenix: Storm Rising

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:27 pm

Roll Int+Academics

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://intotheshadows.forumotion.eu

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:40 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:40 pm

The member 'Phoenix Driscoll' has done the following action : Dices roll

'D10' : 5, 9, 5, 7
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:36 pm

It is not an easy day, you find you keep thinking back to how someone got it, why they did, why leave a rose, did you have a stalker, oh god what if it was a stalker, there had been reports of some creep sneaking into apartments and stealing panties, did you check your underwear drawer?

Even with all this, you do seem to make it through the day and for the most part, manage to interact properly and appropriately, though it is hard to stay focused, and you are more then relieved when classes are over for the day with no mishaps and even aced that quiz.

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:25 am

Oh thank god. I made it through the night. I was so distracted with daydreaming about am the horrible things that could have happened but didn't, and still could, that I'm sure my teachers thought something was seriously wrong with me. At least they were nice enough to not call me out on it in front of the whole class, small ad they were.

I had a mind to not go home yet. They say an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and I live by that advice. I turned my steps down a road I knew led to a Walmart. I'm sure I can find some window locking devices there.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:23 pm

You feel a bit more jumpy then you've ever been, like a kid in a haunted house. Walmart isn't that far, and walking in the late afternoon sun with lots of people around does feel nice, safer, even if they are strangers.

Roll two dice

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:26 pm

Spoiler:

There are a lot of people out, which is strange, but considering where I live I would not be surprised that some event has just ended and the night owls like myself were out and about or the diurnal people were heading home to crash. I'm not complaining, I feel a bit safer with a bunch of people around, I still can't help but be nervous and keep checking over my shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:26 pm

'D10' : 9, 8
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:20 pm

Spoiler:

You think you remember something about a sports event at the Bemo Centre, hockey maybe, or was it a band, something like that, not that you had paid a lot of attention, without having the time to go. You manage to find exactly what you want, and it is on sale, and basically it seems pretty easy to install too, you could definitely get it in tonight once you get home, after you check the whole house.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:18 pm

Doing a little victory dance when I find that the lock is on sale, I purchase it, ignoring the price. It hurts a little on a student's budget, but my life is worth the cost.

Prize in hand I make my way back to my apartment. The boys are awake and happy to see me as always, and I make sure to feed them before doing anything else, glancing nervously at the rose, like it's watching me.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:42 pm

It sits there, so simple, beautiful and a reminder of what, who... whatever of the night before as you start to get to work on the lock installation. The boys are very curious as to what you are doing, not taking anything, but nudging at the bag and tools with curious chirps. And then that thought... why did you keep the rose? Why haven't you notified the police, or a friend, or... are you over or under reacting?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:59 pm

I pet the boys as they investigate the bag in curiosity, but I get to work immediately, installing the lock on my window. I lose track of time for a bit as I work until it's finished and with a happy sigh, I close the curtains. I put the tools in the kitchen drawer that is home to my other random odds and ends. As I close the drawer I look at the rose again.

Maybe I should have called the police, but in this area, they wouldn't care much, especially if nothing had been stolen, or killed, not even the former really. Murder seemed to be the only true motivation for the police to do anything in this area. I could call my brothers, or my parents, but what would they really do?

I could ask Dawn to bless the apartment and pray for my safety, Advent... wasn't famous enough to get any special favors from any kind of authority, not that I wanted to ask favors from her semi-celebrity brother. I don't want to be that sister.

My mother would burn some kind of essence surely and cast a spell on the house to make it safe and my dad... my dad would probably call the police.

My poor father, the only normal one in the family.

Friends? They'd likely suggest the police as well, and I didn't feel like putting an officer in a bad mood for 'no reason.'

Sighing I reach for the rose then retract my hand. Even though it scares me, there was no point in taking it out on a rose, it wasn't the rose's fault, it was a plant, there was no harm in keeping it alive for as long as possible.

Scooting the rose to where it would catch sunlight from the crack in the curtains from the window, I prepare for the rest of my evening of studying and then sleeping. I was going to try to pretend that nothing bad had happened, and go back to the normal routine. Looking forward to going to the club on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:41 am

roll 2 dice

Everything seems to be coming together as you study, it doesn't seem as difficult the third time through and you start to see some of the trends and ideas, and how to best apply them as you focus. Now and again you look over to the window though, then the rose, that lovely flower sitting there like a question mark.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:04 am

Most of this stuff I knew already, the bigger picture. Smaller details, the Microsoft things, that is what I focused on now. I only had the rest of this year before I get my bachelor's degree, I hope to get my doctorate within the next four. Provided... Nothing happens to me.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:04 am

'D10' : 5, 6
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:06 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:48 pm

Spoiler:

A soft sound, laughter in the hall of the apartment building as people return from a night on the town, perhaps calling it an early night, and... was that a brush on the window, a tap?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:55 pm

People laughing, coming home late. I am the only night owl I know around here, but late night partiers weren't uncommon. I jump out of my skin at a sound at my window though. My microbiology book snaps closed and I hope it up to my shoulder in both hands.

Frowning deeply, I slide off the bed and approach the window, trying to see anyone past the curtain.

"Who's there?" I call, "I... Have a weapon!" I brandish my book, trying to sound more confident than I feel with the hard-cover college book as my primary defense. Never mind that I have steak knives in my kitchen....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:14 pm

It is dark outside, just that glow of the streetlights shining faintly, so with the curtains closed, it is near impossible to see anything, or anyone out there. Granted you can tell at least there is no one standing directly in front of the window...

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:21 pm

I inch closer to the window, dropping the book on the counter and snatching the broom leaving against it, as it is entirely a better weapon. I inch closer to the window not really strong, sliding one foot forward and the second for behind it. I still when I am barely able to reach the curtain. Holding my breath, I put on a brave face and back hand the curtain open and hold up the broom by its handle.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:42 pm

The moon is just rising, a beautiful round orb hovering over the edge of the city like a silver spotlight, the movement of lights, cars in the night and well, nothing, nothing at all. You must be losing it, really, imagining things after last night, because there is utterly no one out there, or well no one on the fire escape that runs past the window, just a normal, quiet night in the city.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:47 pm

I stand with my broom at the ready.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:47 pm

'D10' : 1, 7, 9, 1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:48 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:28 am

Last time Charlotte rolled like that, she fell off a trellis... into a puddle Smile

Someone wait, there, you can see them faintly in the window, a woman, she is holding a weapon and then is gone as you blink, leaning in to stare closer, coming only face to face with your reflection and the lights of the room behind you.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   

Back to top Go down

Phoenix: Storm Rising
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next