Portage: Descent into Darkness

A WoD RPG based on Vampire the Masquerade V20

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Wednesday, September 24th, 2014. An abnormally cool evening at 10c, the sky is overcast and there is a dampness on the light breeze.

Share | 

Phoenix: Storm Rising

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:36 am

I feel my heart in my throat as I blink wide eyes. Swallowing part my heart I reach forward and close the curtain. With broom in hand, I wall to the phone and lift it. I try to steady my shaking breath and remember my brother's number. He was a priest, he could help. But what if I'm over reacting? What if I'm imagining it? The rose was one thing but the woman in the window? It was possible I had seen my reflection, and my frightened and paranoid imagination did the rest.

Then again my brother was also a psychiatrist, c so maybe he could still help there. I hope the phone and debate with myself for a moment. Finally I dial the number, knowing I was going to be waking Dawn up, but he would understand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:54 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:15 pm

It rings one, two, three... on the fifth ring there is that jumbled sound of the phone being half lifted, half dropped and a stuttered response. Mmm'lo?

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://intotheshadows.forumotion.eu

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:24 pm

I sigh in relief, "hey Dawn," I try to keep my voice even as I talk, "sorry for waking you up... do you think you could drive up here tomorrow and bless my studio? I... Think it might be haunted, or I might be seeing things... I'm not sure, but I'm really freaked out right now, " I try really hard not to sound freaked out right now.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:29 pm

Phe? God, what time is it, are you... huh wha... He still sounds a bit stunned as he tries to process what you have just blurted out, silence a moment and then a low grunt. You okay sis? A ghost, have you been getting enough sleep, just... mm yeah tomorrow I can...

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:34 pm

I listen to Dawn and feel really bad about waking him up. I try to rationalize in my mind that is not so bad, I haven't seen my brother in forever, if anything else it would be a nice visit, and it would definitely make me feel better.

"Thank you Dawn, get back to sleep, I love you."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:16 pm

I'll be there, just rest, lock yourself in your bedroom, gnight sis, take care.

And with that you are alone again, or well just you, the boys, and either the onset of insanity or a ghost or a stalker or who knows, maybe all three?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:37 pm

I know I'm not crazy. Or I am at least very sure I'm not. I set the phone back on its charger and go for the cabinet. I take out the large blue can of Morton salt. I pour it along the sides of my bed, encircling it in a white line. I can vacuume it up later after Dawn comes. The can now almost empty, I take the broom over with me to the bed, leaning it against the wall by the headboard.

I also grab my only chef knife from its cabinet and put it by the nightstand. If it was a ghost, hopefully the salt would keep it away, if it was human, the knife would do a much better job of keeping it away. I didn't like the idea of hurting someone, but I also didn't like the idea of being raped or murdered. I undressed and put on a calm cami and pajama pants, and laid down, just as the doctor ordered.

I close my eyes and start to count.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:50 pm

5, 4, 3, 2... and sleep takes you, a strange restless sleep though, one in which you dream of a dark room, of laughter, of a sensation so rich that you find yourself suddenly waking, your heart racing, aroused in a manner that is a bit confusing, not being like you to do so, with knocking at the door. Phe... are you still in, it is me, Phe? Your brother, you really must have slept and it sounds like he is getting rather worried you are not answering, especially you suppose since your call last night.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:54 pm

"Coming Dawn!" I call, flustered. I have to fight my way out of the tangled sheets due to my restless sleep. I trip out of bed, taking a momentary glance down at the salt lines to SD if the we're disturbed, the l then go and hastily unlock the door and deadbolt.

"I'm so sorry Dawn," I huff, out of breath, "I haven't been sleeping well lately."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:17 pm

Lord! He looks startled, but reaches out and pulls you into a hug before stepping into the apartment. You look horrible Phe, sorry, you do, what on earth, heavens what has been going on?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:30 pm

"It's okay, I know," I know I must look like crap. Still, the hug was nice, it was nice to see Dawn after so long, it just could have been under better circumstances.

"I... Don't know really," I shut the door and move to the kitchen, "do you want anything to eat? Drink?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:46 pm

I had a coffee on the drive over, I am fine, please, drink, eat, take a moment Phe, you need to just, oh you look so strung out, what has been happening? He starts to move into your kitchen, looking through for coffee perhaps, getting out some bread and looking for the toaster, it seems he is intending to make you breakfast.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:00 pm

I notice Dawn taking over my kitchen and smile. I lean back against the counter and sigh, gathering my thoughts, "it started a few days ago. I was watching a movie and I heard someone laughing. It was just me and the chins but I dedicatedly felt like someone was there. So I grabbed some salt to throw it like mom says to do and it went away."

I eye the rose, debating bit telling him about it. Then remember there's no point, he'd tell I was hiding something.

"The next morning that rose appears on my counter and the window's unlocked. Then last night I heard someone out the window and I pulled the curtain away to tell them to leave and there was this woman and she was armed, then she vanished.

I don't know if it's a poltergeist, or someone playing tricks on me," I chuckle, "hell, it might be all in my head. Well, except the rose," I give it a pointed glance, accusing it of conspiring in all this.

"So, what do you think father," I smirk "am I possessed, or does the doctor think I'm just losing my mind?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:23 pm

He listens intently as you are speaking, leaning forward with that expression that is most interested without any judgement or doubt, yes he was good, both as a priest and doctor. As you finish, he gets up slowly and begins to walk around the room first, then exits the kitchen to walk through your entire apartment, pausing at the window, noting the undisturbed salt in your bedroom then back out once more to the kitchen to look at the deep red rose. How has the chinchillas been?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:53 pm

I hesitate, knowing that the answer to his question would lean towards insanity rather than an outside force, "they've been their normal happy bouncy selves."

I smile apologetically, of course the whole thing was because I was losing my mind.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:55 pm

Anything else unusual recently, feelings of being followed perhaps? This rose is more then real enough... He gives you a soft smile, encouraging as if he can sense that you are indeed doubting your sanity.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:15 pm

"No...," I begin to say then stop myself. I recall the night that these 'hauntings' began, "actually, a couple nights ago on my way home from school. I never saw anyone, but...."

And then I recall something else, "and I've been having these dreams... One's with a woman calling my name, all i can see is her eyes, and there's a guy, this really big guy just standing there. And last night," I so and take a breath, feeling a little ashamed of the dream I had before Dawn arrived, "I was in a dark room, and there was laughter... I... It...," I blush almost as read as my hair, hire do I explain to my brother the priest that I had something very near to a wet dream!?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:01 pm

He sits back down again and reaches out his hand across the table, palm up and waits for your hand clearly to rest in his. I do not like the sound of that, I don't think you are insane Phe, maybe something is making you go that way, but that means there is something to be doing it...

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:04 pm

I sit down across from Dawn and reach for his hand, gripping it tightly. I smiled glad that I wasn't insane, well at least not of my own doing.

"So, what do we do?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:08 pm

He grips your hand tightly as he watches you closely, then slowly closes his eyes. There is a... something. His voice is low, a frown growing as his thumb strokes the back of your hand. A shadow, how... I... His eyes open, narrowing as he looks at you once more. I don't know how I cannot see it, but feel it, there is a shadow on you, it is the best that I can explain of it.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:26 pm

A shadow? Was it worse than I thought? Was I being pursued by a demon, and not a ghost? I was starting to be really scared now. I swallow and look at where my brother's hand is holding mine.

"How do I get rid of it?" I didn't want this shadow. I wanted to be able to sleep so that I can go back to school and work on my degree. But more, I just wanted to keep living my peaceful semi-normal life.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:59 am

"It is a strange thing, I can't really tell other then it is something there, mom perhaps may better see this. Did the salt help?" He still holds your hand, tight and protectively as he frowns slightly.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:12 am

Dawn couldn't figure out what it was, but maybe mom could. Well, there was still hope at least.

"The first night when I grabbed the salt it disappeared, and other than the dream last night nothing else happened, so I would say it did."

When would I be able to visit mom? I couldn't make a habit of just skipping classes, I would have to let the professors know beforehand. And there was my play date with Sarah this weekend. That one at least I could probably reschedule, although the way she was talking made it sound like it was a one-time opportunity.

What day of the week was it? I couldn't remember for all that had been going on.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:19 am

"Then it must be some spirit, powerful if it produced a rose, but still. I have no desire to bring in our other parish priest for an exorcism if it is just a restless spirit, mother does well there... She would love to see you too, maybe a dinner date, oh lunch maybe tomorrow, you know she would drop everything for any of us." He smiles encouragingly at you.

It is Wednesday

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix: Storm Rising   

Back to top Go down

Phoenix: Storm Rising
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next