Portage: Descent into Darkness

A WoD RPG based on Vampire the Masquerade V20

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Wednesday, September 24th, 2014. An abnormally cool evening at 10c, the sky is overcast and there is a dampness on the light breeze.

Share | 

Tanya: To do or not to do

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Tanya: To do or not to do   Thu May 28, 2015 6:47 pm

This last assignment has been a real killer, and now you know you definitely have a long night ahead in the library in order to get it finished in time for the 4pm due date tomorrow. Well sleep was for the weak anyway, and it was a Thursday, you only have an evening class, so you can get some sleep in the afternoon worst case. You could be lucky too, your last all nighter had given you a moment of brilliance and you had finished it in record time once everything had come together regarding the economic impact of the IMF and its 'supposed' support of countries it had been instead, putting into permanent debt.

But this was not economics, this was painfully a History class you had to take as an elective, and while you had hoped it would be an easy one, this professor, while very interesting, was neurotic when it came to papers, the tests were easy, but the papers... well, time to get going, supper would be needed and some snacks to bring with you if you were going to make it through this.

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://intotheshadows.forumotion.eu
Tanya Griffin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Thu May 28, 2015 7:12 pm

Starting up by setting up the papers and course material in front of her Tanya simply stared at it for a while, the kind of look people would give unwanted guests they wanted to go away; sighing deeply as the textbooks refused to react to the silent-stare treatment. Eventually she picked up her phone to check the time, but meanwhile tapping the screen softly with her nails as her thoughts went towards how long she could get away with procrastinating.

She opens up the book on top, not even bothering to check at first which one it is as she raises it slightly and reads a few sentences before looking over the frame to see if there is anyone else from the class sitting in there or if she's delayed her own actions a bit too much this time. As the thought of her possibly having missed her priorities she frowns for a second, but quickly tries to return to a smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Thu May 28, 2015 7:19 pm

There is someone else there, you think he is from your class, or at least he is familiar, so if not this class, possibly another you share in common, bent over his table, an assortment of books across the space, this lips twisted a bit in that 'okay, so the books are open now what' sort of expression, pen in hand, paper at the ready, but nothing yet being applied to the paper.

Otherwise there is only one other person in this area of the library tonight, a young woman, curled up in the corner, nose in a book, a very thick text of some sort, who glances up just as you do, your eyes meeting a moment before that flick away of "I wasn't looking at you".

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
Tanya Griffin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Thu May 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Tanya smiles a bit to herself after the awkward eye contact is broken and decides in her mind that worst case scenario, she might just have to deal with the possible annoyance of having to recognise him from somewhere else. After all, if she can't remember where she met him he can't have been that important tant, can he? She taps her phone a fe more times before dropping the phone into the pocket before standing up and slowly start walking toward him.

As she gets closer she prepares herself for what she hopes will be the start of an interesting evening, no matter if the schoolwork got done or not. She clears her voice as subtle as possible, yet loud enough for hi to hear in hope to avoid giving him a jumpscare as a first impression.

"Pardon Mister, could I trouble to ask what you're studying?"

Keeping it vague was alway easier she thought to herself, if nothing else she could pretend to care for a few minutes at least if he was doing something that wasn't history AND wasn't fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:13 pm

Mister? He laughs nervously, or shyly, or something akin to one of those as he looks up. I knew this course was aging me... I've got this history paper due and for some reason thought I didnt need to start before... well now. He looks chagrined and based on the extra large coffee, planning on a long night.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Tanya Griffin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:28 pm

'Wrong!' Tanya thought to herself as she sees his reaction, but the reflexive smile came quickly. She gave him a short laugh while she crosses her arms in a relaxed way and rolls her eyes childishly.

"I'm sorry, old habits you know..."

She says softly as she shakes her head a bit before reaching out her hand to offer a greeting.

"Tanya's my name, I think we're in the same class? I was thinking, if you wanted... Maybe we could look at the assignment together? I know I work a bit better if I can bounce ideas with someone."

She pauses a moment, almost long enough to make him think she was done before she adds.

"Unless you prefer working alone?"

Marginally lower in volume than the previous bits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:32 pm

He gives a small chuckle, much like a nervous giggle at your first reaction though he offers his hand in return. Darren, and no, I kinda hate being well, isolated trying to do work, I kinda always leaned toward group think and personal style, I guess that is why I am doing my MBA... But History, seemed tlike a really interesting minor...

He blushes a bit, but smiles as he sweeps his arm over his papers in a look of half dismay.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Tanya Griffin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:27 pm

Tanya relaxes a bit as she gives him what by her standards passes as a somewhat firm handshake.

"MBA? Ambitious choice, law major myself."

She says as she scans the papers and raises one of her eyebrows.

"I know, right?" She chuckles a bit. "History, seemed like a good idea, but half the time I feel I'm doing the wrong assignment... I just can't seem to figure if I'm answering the correct questions or not."

With a shrug she glances over towards the other person in the library, hoping that she isn't bothered by the talking. Tanya will however attempt to try to do this as sneakily as she can, just in case she feels a sudden urge to pretend she wasn't looking at the student or her books.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:10 am

"Like law isn't ambitious?" He smiles, relaxing now that he clearly feels you are both on the same page. The other woman doesn't seem to notic youe, instead is frowing at her books. "The proff sure is a stickler for details, and hates opinion, maybe it be good to work together, catch any mistakes we make and such?"

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Tanya Griffin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:40 am

Tanya rolls her eyes a bit and as she let's out a questioning: "Noooo?" while tilting her head slightly, before she breaks a little laugh to show she's joking. "Fair enough actually, I guess I had that coming. Working together does sound like the most logical thing to do, but just so you know I'm prepared to go all night if needed..." She adds while trying to appear like she's not aware of the innuendo "your table or mine?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:53 pm

"This is my second coffee and I have an energy drink or four in my bag... This paper screams all-nighter. How big is your table? Or should we find a bigger one somewhere? I don't think this one will fit us" he smiles and looks over to where you had been as if trying to gauge the best location to start this project together.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Tanya Griffin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:07 pm

"Good, then I wasn't the only one thinking that." Tanya shrugs and looks around in the room. "I dunno really, mine was a bit bigger I suppose. We could try and see if we can fit it all? I mean, worst case we'll just have to be on the floor. You got all your books covered or need an extra set of hands?" She asks as she looks at his pile of compressed trees.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:29 pm

He glances down at the papers and text. Well I got them here, I think I can manage, but if I manage a big mess, just try not to laugh too much at me. At that he begins to start packing up his things and wrangle everything back together. I can make a second trip for the coffee...

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Tanya Griffin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:30 pm

Tanya nods slowly and starts walking over to her table. "I promise to do my best!" she says happily "if it were to happen of course." She adds, half to him and half to herself as she attempts to make enough room on the table in front of her.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:03 pm

It takes two trips, one for the coffee, the other for a few remaining papers, but he manages it, and really, there is enough space, if you put the books you are not currently using on the table, but in a neat stack on the other two chairs for easy access. I started a bit of an outline on the political changes, the dates and names, just point form, but I guess it helps keep things in order. A smile as he shuffles through and finds the two pages of paper to which he was referring.

Spoiler:

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Tanya Griffin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:24 pm

Tanya watches him walk back and forth for a few moments before trying to get her mind in a study mode, something she felt far too used to by now. "That's always a start, a good one even! I have mostly been plowing the material, I don't know; guess I kind of lost track of what I was looking for." She looks down briefly, checking the different books at the chairs. "Do you prefer people, events or politics? I mean, we could pick one each at first and force ourselves through the last one?" She asks with a smile as she lands in the thought of not having to do this alone.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:22 pm

Oh please, politics last would be preferable, there is a reason that I made this list here, that is the part that just makes my head start to hurt, I think mostly cause it is really no different then now sometimes, it gets all jumbled, how about you, any of those three that you loathe? He is definitely more relaxed now as you both start to get ready for the long night ahead, and if you do have to spend a night on this final paper, at least it should be a bit easier to stay focused when doing it with two people rather then one.

Spoiler:

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Tanya Griffin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:31 pm

"Well, to be perfectly honest I kind of like the politics, not so much for what people stand for, more for how they try to reach their goal right? They're iffy and crazy most of them, but I dunno..." Tanya says with a smile. "Suppose we're lucky then? I can sort that bit no worries." While adding the last bit she'll shortly place her hand on his shoulder (or whatever's close), only for a moment though. "Sound fair to you?" At this point she'll be looking fir eyecontact.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:01 pm

Seriously? His brows rise a bit as he looks at you to make sure a moment that you are indeed serious, then a low chuckle. I sure hope I am not dreaming right now that someone is going to help my poor brain on this political stuff... The people part is so simple, I swear I can remember each of them, and events, that is what I am best at, to be honest, it was where I was going to start, just keeping this timeline to keep me in order. So... where do you want to start?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Tanya Griffin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:00 am

Tanya smiles a bit. "Well, like... dad always made me convince him of the why and stuff if I wanted higher allowance or anything really." She shrugs. "I guess I had to get my inspiration somewhere, you know?" She frowns and tilts her head a bit as she ponders this. "Maybe I'm just a bit crazy." Her expression returns to normal as she looks over the books. "I think this one should do, the compare it to that one I suppose." The last said while pointing at one of the books in the chairs. "What about you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:23 pm

"I think this book here too, there are a few chapters that go into a better detail." He smiles and shrugs. "I don't really know, just always found this part a bit easier, it's like business in a way, the details and such... I had an ace lemonade stand at ten, I suppose I was doomed."

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Tanya Griffin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:58 pm

Tanaya nods slowly. "Doomed, sounds about right. The business has been dismantled since I take it?" She asks joyfully. "Last I heard Moondollars killed all the small lemonade brands." She does her best to look serious for about three seconds before breaking a smile again. "Attention to detail is good though, if you ask me." The latter she adds while opening up a book to determine a good starting point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:51 pm

Utterly killed it, heartbreaking really, forced me into university... He tries to look mournful but ends up chuckling and shaking his head as he too gets ready to head down to business, this paper was not going to write itself.

Roll 2 dice
Roll Int+academics
Roll Stamina

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down
Tanya Griffin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:41 pm

Tanya smiles as she started to actually work, thinking to herself this guy isn't that bad.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tanya: To do or not to do   Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:41 pm

The member 'Tanya Griffin' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'D10' : 10, 6, 7, 8, 6

--------------------------------

#2 'D10' : 6, 3
Back to top Go down