Portage: Descent into Darkness

A WoD RPG based on Vampire the Masquerade V20

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Wednesday, September 24th, 2014. An abnormally cool evening at 10c, the sky is overcast and there is a dampness on the light breeze.

Share | 

Pheonix: Storm Breaking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:05 pm

Your professors where understanding of their being a family issue, and each stress that you are responsible for the missed notes and any work. Thankfully one of your classmates is a fastidious note taker and offers to photocopy their notes.

Everything in hand, even with the oddness and lingering fear, you can't help but feel excited to see your mom, it's always an interesting time.

Sleep came with some difficulty, but not due to outside forces, indeed it feels like the calm before the storm, like this being that has decided to enter your life has taken a deep breath and is just waiting to exhale.

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://intotheshadows.forumotion.eu

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:19 pm

I am exhausted by the end of the day, but happy. My professors we understanding, and I actually said out with less study material than I was expecting. On my way home I looked over my shoulder more of our remembering my feeling of being followed rather than actually feeling it this time.

The same goes for when I get home, I check the shadows of the studio before unloading everything, getting to work on what I'll miss tomorrow, and go to sleep counting, wishing I had the ability to sleep with one eye open.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:11 pm

You wake with vague memories of a woman laughing, the rumble of a man's voice and a sensation of falling into an endless embrace of scarlet silk. In truth though, you did sleep and rise much smoother mid morning then usual, with about half an hour to when your mother is to arrive.

Never in his life was he so tempted to give another kindred a wedgie and stick their head in a toilet, probably for the best that he didn't though; he doubted that it would work out even half as well as he thought. ~Vince
On being Vampires:
He's probably not really heterosexual, I mean since when have vampires ever been hetero-normative? ~Guess who
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:55 pm

Another early morning, I stretch out the kinks in my body and carefully step over the salt circle. I check for anything stand before getting dressed and looking at the time. My mother will be here soon. I decided to make some lemonade for when she arrives.

I check on the boys where they're sleeping before getting out a pitcher. I don't have nearly the same culinary talent as my younger brother Riki, so the lemonade I make I'd taken from a minute made canister of powered. I mix it together and put it in the fridge to get appropriately cool.

After that's done I crack open a book to get some last minute studying in. I don't eat breakfast so that I don't spoil my appetite for lunch with my mother.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:11 pm

It isn't too long before there is the sound of footsteps in the hallway and then a knock at the door, in a rhythmic pattern, tap-tap-ta-ta-tap, tap-tap. Always the same pattern, ever since you were a child and she would knock on your bedroom door.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:15 pm

I can't help but grin wide and feel giddy at the knock. I slip of the bed, avoiding the salt again, and all but skip to the door. I unlock the door and the deadbolt and seeing it wide open, smiling with sparkling eyes.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:37 am

And there she was, bright, vivacious and overwhelmingly there as she draws you into your arms in a bone crushing embrace. "Oh my Pheonix, my little bird!"

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:02 am

I grin and pretend to be struggling for air in my mother's arms. I laugh and embrace her back tightly, "hey mom, I missed you." I wait for her to be done hugging me and laugh again, taking her hand and leading her into the apartment.

"How have you been? How's dad? I'd Riki doing okay in school?" I do worry about my younger brother from time to time, being deaf and his heavy Japanese accent were more than enough ammunition for being teased by the other twelve year olds at his school.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:24 pm

"Good, good and good truly dear, it is you that we must focus on now. Has there been someone angry that might curse you, no... no that is not what I am sensing." she walks around you as you both enter the apartment, half leading you to the living room. "Caught the attention of something, yes, my precious girl has such a bright spirit, oh... oh indeed a shadow, strange, i've not felt quite this, but the salt, mhmmm"

She seems to be examening everything as she talks, including you as she moves about and begins unpacking items from her bag. "Tell me all of your last month my deary, all... let's get a handle on this before we go to lunch and get into the nitty gritty."

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:13 pm

I watch my mother wander around my little studio apartment, inspecting things and talking more to herself than to me. I go to the kitchen to pour two glasses of lemonade. She seemed okay with what I had done with the salt. At least I got that right.

Then she asked the question. The whole month? Oh boy. I chuckle and shake my head, "alright, let's see. I've been going to school as normal, eating the same food, I haven't gone anywhere different. Or, well, there was a vampire themed club I went to one night but nothing weird happened there other than a boy twisted his ankle. You know I should probably call them and see how he's doing..."

I take my mother a glass of lemonade and smile, "other than that, nothing was different this month. You think something at the club might have latched on to me?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:15 pm

Vampire themed club? Hmmm... She pauses her pacing about and turns to look at you. Sounds like a place people with... troubles might go too, what was it like there, silly vampire of where there those sorts that you know, have coloured auras for their dabbling with the spirits?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:30 pm

"You know I can't see auras," I tease honestly and hand her her drink, "but it was a more serious establishment. I could definitely see it being a place for troubled people. People who dress like I do tend to have problems with life. I might have been the only person there that was completely happy with their life, family, school etcetera."

I go back to the kitchen for my glass of lemonade and drink while looking at the rose. I let out a refreshing sigh and point at it with the hand that has the glass, "what about this mom? This was some sort of gift that was left for me by... Whatever it is. I've been giving it Sprite to keep it healthy."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:38 pm

She gives a small snort at your disclaimer as if to say she doesn't believe you, or that well, you could if you tried. The rose though, brought to her attention, now has her riveted, as if somehow along the way she had dismissed it out of hand. A cooing sound as she steps up to it, looks it over and begins to murmur something while she pulls out two crystals and a feather woven with beads. How did it get here, what happened that evening my little bird?

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:53 pm

"Okay," I mentally prepare myself for the retelling, "when I woke up it was from a dream of a woman calling my name from darkness, and a giant of a man just standing there. School was fine but on the way home I felt like I was being followed.

"When I got home the boys were acting normal, was eating a bowl of cereal and watching a movie when I heard someone laugh. I looked but no one was there, but I could feel that there was someone. So I grabbed the salt to throw at it, it touched my hand and was gone.

"So I put the salt back and went to bed. I didn't have a dream that night but when I woke up, the rose was there and the window was unlocked. I'm ninety-nine prevent sure I had locked it."

I give myself a sceptic frown and look down at the glass of lemonade.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:37 pm

Hmmmm... She sits back down again and shakes her head. I do think someone has marked you, cursed or some such thing, to have this all come on suddenly, you haven't noticed other strange things these last few months at all, felt sensations or? Hopeful there that maybe, just maybe you, her daughter might follow in her footsteps, though you know well she wont be disappointed that you wont, just forever that hope of maybe, just maybe.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Cursed. Awesome. I have never been cursed before and even after I had done a good deed. Well, there was that saying....

"No, nothing weird in the past months," my poor mother, between her family who was mostly Christian, except Riki who is Shintoist and me who is omnist, she didn't really have anyone who understood her fully in her level. We all tried if course, and we still lives and accepted. Naturally as an omnist that meant that I believed in the wicca religion, I just didn't practice. I didn't practice any religions.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:43 pm

Mmmm, someone must have just... Oh no telling those evil sorts with their ideas, or even they used it as a transfer, perhaps it was bothering them so they sent it along to the next person, people these days... Now dear, what did you wish to have for lunch, we shouldn't do things on an empty stomach. She begins to rise, gathering up her things into a neat pile.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:48 pm

I smile, my mother always send to make a bad situation not seem so terrible, "probably just sandwiches.I know a good sandwich shop. If you're willing to get us there, I'll pay," I grin in challenge, knowing that this will turn into a silly argument over the bill for lunch.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:58 pm

Oh no no no dear, I will pay, sandwiches sounds delightful, did I tell you what happened the last picnic I packed, oh dear... She begins to go on about how she had mixed up horseradish and mustard and the ensuing panic at eating said lunch as you both make your way down to the car and then to the shop.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:58 pm

I smile and listen to my mother retell the story of a picnic I was not there for. It was sweet as it was sad, I missed my family. But I continue to tell myself that it I keep going strong, and keep taking the summer classes, I would graduate in just one more year. I was definitely counting down the days.

We got to the sandwich shop and I step of our the car. I garner a couple of looks with my corset and high heels, but most look away without a care and go back to their lunches. This was California after all, the only thing we hang done yet is elect a celebrity as governor of the state.

"I highly recommend the BLT. It is exquisite," I tell my mother in my best fake British accent, trying hard not to smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:01 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:45 pm

She laughs, that rich, amused, ringing laugh that draws attention yet again, though she cares not as she gives a small curtsy before turning to enter the shop. Sandwiches ordered and eaten, it is a normal kind of lunch allowing you to forget for a moment that there was a dark reason for this delightful reunion.

At the end of the meal she waves you off for paying and slips the cashier several bills before sweeping her arms into the air in a dramatic flair. "Now we shall put this ghost to rest, home dear, shall we?"

You can't edit your posts here, prevents roll trouble Smile

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:05 am

I enjoyed very much having lunch with my mother and catching up on things. I do try to sneak the bill for the lunch to the waiter but I'm caught by my mother who then outright pays for the meal. I jut out my lower jaw and playfully shake my fist at her, "next time," I promise.

"Yes please," I say enthusiastically, excited to be done with this whole mess and get back to my normal life. I offer a hand to my mother to help her out of her seat.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:25 pm

She loops her arm merrily through yours as you leave and head to the car, and for all the world it seems that you are moments away from everything being made right again, your brother was right, sometimes it was mom and her odd ways that was best needed in these modern days.

The ride home was more chatting and stories, and once in the apartment again, she begins to take other things our of her purse again, lining them up on the table and murmuring as she does so. Now where was it when you first felt things, in order, the locations you felt it and anywhere that it was clearly not? She is setting things up for a ritual of some sort, you can tell that, though which one it is, remains to be seen.

On being Vampires:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:13 pm

Life was good. Life felt right in only three way that my family can make it feel right. I have Ali confidence my mother can get rid of my 'shadow.' When we get home, my mother starts unpacking things and asks that we begin.

"Alright," I start and move to the bed, "here is where I heard it laugh. Here," I move to the bathroom, "it touched my hair. And here," I moved to the pantry, "is where it touched my hand before disappearing."

Nodding I move to the counter, "here is where the rose was when I woke up," lastly I move to the window, "and here is where I saw it outside, or maybe in the glass, I'm not sure."

Finished, I step to the center of the room, "only place it hasn't been is the door."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix: Storm Breaking   

Back to top Go down

Pheonix: Storm Breaking
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next